1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New Member Seeking For Help To Move To Naperville

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by Supreethi, May 9, 2016.

1. Supreethi

Supreethi New IL'ite

Hi i'm preethi, i'm living in Chicago with my husband and 2.5 year old son ...we are planning to move to naperville we don't have car.. I heard about railway plaza apartments.. How about that apartment and is there any preschools, groceries, hospitals near by to that apartment...please help me I don't have any idea about naperville

2. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hello Preethi!
    There is an Indian grocery within walking distance from Railway Plaza, having both dry goods and veggies (Jalaram Plaza). Another called Spice Mart is closeby but I doubt you could walk there..
    Hospitals...hmmm there are a couple of urgent care places, but not a big hospital. Is it for your son or the grownups? There are a couple of Paediatric practices nearby. But Railway Plaza's proximity to the metra station is an advantage here as you could always take the train to naperville downtown and thereon.Edwards is one place. For meds, there's a CVS across the signal. (And an Oberweis just beyond :wink:)
    Preschools yes, but I wouldn't know how they are..

Supreethi likes this.
  3. Supreethi

Supreethi New IL'ite

Thank you so much..how about the bristol station apartments?... Hospital s is for both adult my kid

4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Bristol is a 5-10 min walk further from the station (maybe even 15 min: depends on your apt. location).. Other places are equally close. Beyond Bristol Station, there is yet another apartment complex called Fairways. But in my opinion, Railway Plaza or Bristol Station maybe a better consideration, when you don't have a car. Especially in winter..

And within walking distance of all 3 is a nice park with kids play area called Country Lakes Park..
    Naperville is a nice place to be.. :)

Supreethi likes this.
  5. Supreethi

Supreethi New IL'ite

Thank you bubble

6. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

OP, welcome to Indusladies!
    Do you plan on buying a car eventually after moving to Naperville? You might be able to live in an apartment close to the metra and enroll into a school nearby, however Naperville is not a walk-friendly suburb. You would need a car to go to the library/classes etc.

However if you are keen on being car-free, Chicago is the place to be :) Great transportation system, lots of people do manage without a car. Other car free suburbs are Evanston and Oak Park.

Good luck deciding.

7. nandhini123

nandhini123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am nandhini from chennai and we might most likely travel to Naperville by July end / August. My husband will be working in downtown and we have zeroed in on Naperville location. We have a 3 year old kid, who should be going to a preschool. We are scouting for apartments (with indians, preferrably), with good preschool at walkable distance. For now we have shortlisted the below apartments:
    1. Railway Plaza
    2. Bristol Station
    3. Arbors of Brookdale
    4. Brookdale lakes

We also found there are some preschools (Kiddie academy, adventures in learning) near these apartment complexes.
    We need inputs on which of the preschools near these apartments are really good, based on the forumers experience. Also, Any pediatric clinics available nearby?
    Google showed a pediatrician named Dr.Nithya Sunder practising nearby.
    Does anyone has knows how good she is. If not, who is the best pediatrician in the neighbourhood.
    Appreciate anyones valuable inputs regarding this. Thanks in advance.