1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

New laws are needed to protect In-Laws rights

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Mar 6, 2013.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

It's known to all that these days the condition of aged PILs is quite pathetic. As discussed on many shows on TV, films such as Baghban and internet on IL forums and such, PIls are often left alone in old age or if they are living with the son and dil, they are not treated well. I think it's time for some constructive action and some new laws should be devised that could provide protection to pils.
    What kind of laws do we need to insure the protection of PIL's rights? Some ideas are:
    -(Section 1)If they have just one son, it should be made illegal for the son to get married,so that he can concentrate on looking after his parents.

-(section 1a) In case the son doesn't want to look after his parents, he could get married, but his wife will only be considered as an unpaid employee of his parents, and both the wife and her parents will be required to sign a contract that says it clearly, that if the wife at any stage protests, the marriage will be immediately annulled.

-(section 2)If there are more sons than one, the ones who get married first can move out, the one left last will have to stay unmarried OR the parents can choose which son they would like to stay unmarried.
    -(section 2a)The son and dil who have moved out especially overseas will have no responsibility towards the ILs except buying gifts like Ipad, and other gadgets etc. yearly, but they will be appointed watchdogs to keep an eye on other DIL and report on them if they are not treating their ILs properly. They will be adequately honoured.

More ideas welcome.
    :cheers
    P.S.- I need smritisinha the lawyer to draft it properly, hope she pitches in.
    P.P.S.- This thread is about the rights of the man's parents.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    13 people like this.

2. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

is it joke of the day ?? :confused2:

the post intention is fine but the ideas are:shaking::drowning

what abt the rights to DIL then ?

6 people like this.
  3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl:rotflMonita... O my daaaaaaaaaaaling... u made my morn.

Will add few more from my side... on priority I can think of is a
    DIL home - where a DIL who can't get along with PILs can be sent to...

OAH is a complete No NO... since we're talking abu protecting old one's rights and the DIL needs to cross 60 to be there :bowdown:bowdown.

5 people like this.
  4. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

For PIL’s of husband, below should be the rights

- If they have only one daughter, marriage to daughter should be banned in the new law so that she can forever live with parents and look after them

- In case daughter doesn’t want to look after parents, she get married, but after mrg she want to look after her parents, daughter should be given easy divorce without any complaint frm husband or childs

- If only daughters and no son to parents, parents can chose to marry one daughter and keep other daughter with them only without mrg.

- If parents chose not to mrg the daughters, govt should give unmarried daughters pension every month

5 people like this.
  5. itsmebhama

itsmebhama Bronze IL'ite

correct......................
    :rotfl
    actually i posted something just after reading t he subject.. after posting only read the content.. lovely post........ lovd it

1 person likes this.
  6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

As per section 1, there will be no DIL.
    As per section 1a, the dil will have same rights as an employee. She gets a place to live, food, use of water, electricity etc. Use of luxury items like a/c, etc will be at ILs discretion.
    As per section 2, she has normal rights of an individual.

3 people like this.
  7. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Is this for real??

But sadly, i saw a show on vijay tv with regards to old folks being abandoned and for some the kids were overseas and unable to care for them. It was so sad...

Here, we have the maintenance of parents act which is for financial support of
    Parents..

1 person likes this.
  8. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Instead of OAH, there will be OBH- ousted bahus home.

7 people like this.
  9. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I agree with your points, but please don't divert the thread. You can start another thread. Although it's not been explicitly stated, this thread is meant to be for the man's parents' rights. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  10. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Yes, it's extremely sad, that's why we need a more foolproof law, so that people can not hanky panky and play with the rights of the man's parents.

2 people like this.