1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

New Jersey gals, introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by swku_2000, Feb 26, 2006.

1. shivsss

shivsss New IL'ite

hi swati,
    i am shiv from new delhi.
    ur getting bored there in NJ. ur a professional from garment industry, why don't u join the same industry there.
    else u can also get self employed by linking garments co's in india to supliers in USA and earn awesome commission, this u can also do from ur home, if office not available.
    will love to hear from u and more love to talk to u.
    bye n take care.

2. deepas123

deepas123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam Deepa from Mangalore/Delhi.
    I juz moved to NJ.Previously was in Chicago.
    Iam new to this community....Looking forward to make some frenz over here.:)

3. MeliSundar

MeliSundar Junior IL'ite

Hi Everyone!

Didn't see this thread until now so here we go!

My name is Meli, and I live in Hunterdon County, NJ. I reside close to Oldwick.
    I am of Asian decent and was adopted into a western family.
    I enjoy Music (I am attempting to play tabla), knitting, sewing, and making new friends. I also enjoy going to the local temples.

I go to India every year (trying to make it twice a year) for devotional practices in a temple close to Nainital.

I am also starting to work with children in Delhi through a friend who has started a non-proftit to teach kids art, take them hiking, etc. I'll be teaching them photography (which was my career for some time)

When I travel to India I always bring clothes for the children, and have recently posted on Indusladies a call for those who have old clothe that they wish to donate (see my signature). I'd like to figure out a way maybe we all can get together and do this. I am open to any suggestions on how to do that.

I look forward to making new friends and sharing our lifestyles!

Meli

4. MeliSundar

MeliSundar Junior IL'ite

I get them from Mithaas
    Mithaas: Food for Every Mood

Their sweets most remind me of my favorite Sweet Shop Anand in Nainital UP

5. Bindumalini

Bindumalini New IL'ite

Hello All,

I am a new comer to NJ. Nice to meet you all!! I live in Hudson County. slowly getting adjusted with life here.

A lil about me, I am a musician by profession, am a Classical( Carnatic) violinist and vocalist with Masters in Music as well as Sanskrit language. I have been performing concerts all over India and here. Thinking of starting classes here, teaching has been a passion for me. That way would also get to know people in NJ.

Very nice to see this thread, it makes me feel at home while reading the posts in IL.

Anyone of you in Hudson county?

Best wishes to all,

6. Sweta83

Sweta83 New IL'ite

Hi, I live in jersey city and moved to US with hubby two months back.Looking forward to make friends.

7. anushaa

anushaa New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm Bhuvana.I stay at Monmouth jct, nj.we came here last June.before that we stayed at Piscataway.I've a 8 months old baby.I'm also on h4.Staying at home all time.Interested to have some frds here.

8. jyothsna99m

jyothsna99m New IL'ite

Hello ALL,

This is jyothsna.New to IL. I am in Fords,NJ for past 2yrs and I was busy all the time working so I don't have any friends in here. But now I have 2kids(5months) and want to make really good friends. Back in India I am from Hyderabad. Hope to meet some friends.:thumbsup

9. meedal

meedal New IL'ite

Hi,

I moved to Durham Woods Apts. Edison, NJ 6 months back from NY. Basically. I am from Delhi area in India and looking forward to make some friends here. Would like to start some sort of kitty group or anything of the kind.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. swapnam

swapnam Senior IL'ite

hi meedal,
    I live in dhuram woods.Do u have kids?