New india

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Mar 10, 2008.

1. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I had a dream yesterday.India with american roads and technology and discipline without losing its flavour (customs,traditions and values).
    Is this possible?

Our economy is growing at a faster rate.Everything is changing and people are talking about gdp growth.Then why should not this also change.

Share your views

2. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Anything and everything is possible!

unfortunately, we seem to be losing tradition and culture faster than improving the infrastructure.

With a booming India, we still have people desperate to migrate to the U.S. to utilise their talents and brains.

3. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

Hi Krithika,
    Your ideas reflect my own. I too want my country to be like the western countries with respect to cleanliness, hardwork,civic responsibilities etc. But I am quite greedy when it comes to culture - I prefer our culture and values:bowdown.Our Indians are (or is it were) god fearing, loving their family members, And held the elders in high esteem. Siblings are so much attached to each other-even tho' there was jealousy at times- gave a helping hand during times of trouble. "Matha , pitha, guru deivam - respect was given in that order.
    I appreciate the intelligence, hardwork and individuality of todays indians but moral values- where do we stand?Witsend. It will be so wonderful if the intelligent, self dependant youngsters believed in God and morality.
    Different countries have diff. ways of greeting; - handshake, hug , kissing and bowing. But nothing can beat ours- Namaste with both palms put together bonk. It is not only hygienic but also very classy and neat. So I vote for the new traits of our youngsters provided it is accompanied by high values, faith in god and our own culture!

4. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hey my dear gal Krithika..

Your dream can only remain as a dream for the next 200+ years..You are in Utopian world girl..

Our democratic system is ruled by selfish, Political arrogant gundas who aim at destroying every bit we had/have ..so how do u think, things will change for better.

Forst of all, we have to elect leaders with education, experience, vision, mission to improve our country in every way. So far, it is a clear indication that there is no vision. Even after 60+ years of independance they could not solve the basic water problem, electricity etc., then where is the question of other more advanced stuff as in your dreams.

The reality is NOT ALL DREAMS COME TRUE. But nothing wrong in dreaming if it is making you happy..

Regards,
    GPriya

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi krithika,

sadly as priya says it will be a dream only for theext some years..but havent things cganged in the last ten years...so there is hope still but at a very slow pace..till then we will all keep dreaming

mindi

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi krithika,

sadly as priya says it will be a dream only for the next some years..but havent things changed in the last ten years...so there is hope still but at a very slow pace..till then we will all keep dreaming

mindi

7. wadalma

wadalma New IL'ite

When I dream of India's future I dream not of roads - but of babies who are not killed anymore .in some states - there is 20 % less female than male persons . Can you imagine how big mass killing is happening every day in your country ?
    If the Indians really fear God - then they should do every possible way to stop this killings .

8. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi krithika let ur dreams come true for India..
    Studies says that US will be always 20 yrs advanced than India... :coffee

Mainly lot of changes should take place in administration, political should go in gud hands.. chance should be given to well educated & capable youngsters!!

9. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

dear gals,

Thanks for your views.I returned from California last week.From the airport itself i could see the diff.all auto and taxi walas running behind people and I felt much pain when i saw small girls begging at signals.In Sivaji film one dialogue i remember,
    rich get richer and poor get poorer.Only if this changes,we can see a new india.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How Can India Change? We are allergic to change dearie. The moment a flyover is announced there is morcha and dharna. The moment the introduction of new local trains is on the way, there is negative thoughts, though we keep cribbing of the existing ones. The moment it was decided to discard the old fiat taxis and look for a new ones or for a new colour, there was agitation and fasting. The moment the shanties are to be demolished for a new construction there is political interferance, The moment houses are constructed for the people who live in shanties, they give it on rent and make new shanties in a different place making the life miserable. The moment railways decide to expand the rail route, there are innumerable hurdles likes a illegal temple close to the yard, shanties, a political dhaba etc... It has been ages we are following the same traffic system. Now metro rail has been thought of and the work is in progress with innumerable nails ready to be drilled on the project. Flyovers are pending coz somebody feels she i not getting a good view from her balcony and she is a very known figure. The moment a decent mall or retail super market is up, there is agitation from local vendors as their cheating strategy is nailed. I can keep writing. We have to develop the attitude of adopting change and embracing it happily only then we can dream of a big India.