New in Abu Dhabi, Seeking and gathering information for my 3 Yr old

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by alkatejwani, Oct 7, 2012.

1. alkatejwani

alkatejwani New IL'ite

Thanx dear for your kind help...
    I have all the documents ready just emirates id is missing...i hope they will require the document at the time of confirmed admission or do they need it at the time of registration?My kid can recognise all the capital Alphabets and i make him listen to the rhymes cd's daily. The only concern for me is he is not having any company here so feels lonely sometime. I feel sad about him sometime and since we are new in Abudhabi we hardly know anyone here. I am also a yoga trainer and wish to start my yoga classes soon here. Hope things will be in place soon.

cheers

alka

1 person likes this.
  2. alkatejwani

alkatejwani New IL'ite

3. alkatejwani

alkatejwani New IL'ite

Thanks Navis for your kind help.

I as my son is already familiar with capital alphabets and poems. He is also interested in colouring so can hold pencils too. So better to put him in a KG! directly in april 2013 i guess. What do you suggest? i m sure its not basic requiremnt by the schools here that your kid should attend nursery first before taking admission in KG 1?

regards,

alka

4. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi, alka

it was just my opinion to not pressurice kids at the age of 2.6yrs by sending them to nursery. i knew many Ilites will opppose this. but dear, a mother knows better about her kids than any one at this age. so why cant she train her if she is free. working parents are optional i cant say this to them.in AD the kg1 level in their first 3months are similar to nursery training.starting with rhymes,songs, stories and all vocal training are provided in the first2months. and onlysleeping standing,curves, bended lines and paper teaaring practise are given in these months and the original writing part only starts in the 3rd month that to 4 or 5 letter .so the children get enough me timing with their teachers and nannies there and adjust to the situation.

i never did send my both kids to nursery they were directly registered for kg1 and they did very well. part that was helping him was he was before hand trained with all concepts ,so they are a head of their topics thought in class. it was just a small training which i gave him but now my elder one goes on with it. he tries to read and understand the lessons that has to be taught in the clas nextday, so that he can quickly answer his teachers question and it became a habbit for both.so i always suggest my dear ones to give mother coaching at younger age rather than putting them in nursery .

plan ur self about which school ur wishing to register ur kid. as admission itself is a big runup for parents here in AD. most of the schools will be open with onlineregistration by the end of next month.so keep a keen eye on all school websites

regards
    navis

5. nishi11

nishi11 Junior IL'ite

Hi Alka,

Im staying in Hamdam street. HAve You started sending your kids to any nursery nearby?

6. nishi11

nishi11 Junior IL'ite

kid*
    i am also new to abu dhabi