New Homepage Launched!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

As you entered our site today, you should have noticed our new homepage. Coincidentally, IL was started on March 29th 2005, which makes today our proud 2nd anniversary. The new homepage is our anniversary gift to the community! Hope you all like it.

Following is a quick summary of the new features included in this homepage:

Bird’s eye overview
    The objective of the new homepage is to provide a broad overview of what’s happening in the community and discussion forums. You will see all the discussion categories on the left and the various sections like announcements, contests, new threads, popular threads, new posts etc. to the right. With these, you should be able to navigate to the right places quickly and also get a snapshot of the latest happenings. The tab structure should enable you to move between the homepage and the forum page easily.

Tell-A-Friend
    One of the biggest sources of our growth is word of mouth. With the new “Tell-A-Friend” link at the top right of the homepage, we have made it easy for our members to introduce IL to a friend. Also, we are currently running the “Tell-A-Friend” contest. Tell as many friends as you can about IL and you might win this month’s beautiful pitcher prize. Click here for details.

Search
    As our site grows, the amount of content and information in our site has tremendously increased. Searching is the easiest way to find information that already exists in our site. We are aware that the search function within the forum has limitations. Hence, we have implemented the search box at the top of the page – powered by Google – and it is comprehensive in its search functionality.

Most Active Members
    At the bottom of the page, we list the most active “New”, “Junior” and “Senior” members. It lists the top 5 members who have contributed the most number of posts in the past 7 days. As you participate more, you will show up more often on that list!

About Indusladies.com
    We have added the About Indusladies.com section to provide more information about IL. New members to our site would want to know more about what IL is, who runs it and why we are special. Even though this information is spread across various threads in our community, we felt that providing a quick overview would help our new members a lot.

Finally, I wanted to thank all the moderators whose constructive opinions and feedback greatly helped refine the new homepage. They truly reflected the opinions of the community at large.

Please post your comments about the new homepage below.

Click here to read about the 2nd Anniversary of IndusLadies Community

Yours,
    The IndusLadies Team

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello

thats a beautiful way
    to enjoy a second anniversary..
    balloons and ribbons
    laughter and eats
    serial lights and crackers
    with posts all new /and
    made new..
    with new members
    adding their talent
    giving the forum a new shape..
    well done ....!!!!!
    cheers all the way....
    pave way for more years
    .............ringing in the new
    congrats...

sathya

3. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Induslady & IL team
    Congratulations on the 2nd anniversary. Best wishes and prayers for IL's continued success as the best site for Indian women.

The Home page looks professional and attractive.
    Way to go IL.

Regards
    Honeybee

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear induslady,
    Hats off:2thumbsup: .It is a grand success.I wish we celebrate many more such annuversaries in the future:2thumbsup: .

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Very nice homepage. Looks very user friendly.

Congratulations on the 2nd anniversary of IL and wish many many more.

Regards,

6. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

The new home page looks fantastic.
    Happy 2nd anniversary IL.My best wishes for all success.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy,

Just like you to strive to achieve something new for the pleasure of your IL'ites. We are aware of the hard work that is behind all these efforts.
    The saying that 'there is a woman behind every man's success' is a well known one. In your case, it has been proved that times are changing and there is a Man behind you, supporting you in all your endeavors. So I extend this congratulatory note to both you and Jey on achieving all that you have.
    Thanks for the anniversary present.

L, Kamla

8. ArabianDoll

ArabianDoll Senior IL'ite

My heart-felt wishes to all who are behind this screen and making this site a spot espescially for women to get together visually.It was too late when i got to know IL and i have manytimes thought "i wish i had knew IL earlier itslef"
    Anyway my prayers for IL to reach to its greatest height and become more and more vibrant & reach massess.
    The new home page is royal in look and catchy i feel!

9. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Induslady,

I noticed it in the morning itself (Dubai time) and it is lovely.

And like arabiandoll, I too wish I had known of IL earlier.

But I am happy that it is better late than never.

10. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

malathy, wow is the only word which came in my mind , when i open IL today . its look like my home has renovated. great job :2thumbsup: .