1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never think hard about past. It brings tears.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 26, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“Relationships-of all kinds-are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.”

We start our life with our brothers and sisters, enjoy the childhood, teenage with them. We all have happy memories of our childhood, teenage spent with them. Later after marriage we have more responsbility of looking after our own family and we get separated but the love for each other remains same but only thing we dont have much time to spend with them.

Earlier it was a big family with so many sisters and brothers. Later it became hum dho hamare dho and then that also changed hum dho , hamare ek because both the couple are working and busy in their working life so they have less time to spend with family. I think in future either girl or boy will remain single or if they get married they will be happy with each other and dont want to have children.

Never think hard about past. It brings tears.
    Don’t think more about future.It brings fears.
    Live this moment with a smile. It brings cheers

I too have happy memories of my childhood and teenage. My elder brother got married and he was staying in a different place. Me, my second brother, sister and younger brother used to have a nice time. My second brother was very affectionate with us. Me and my sister were very close . Though she was not much interested in going out and all. I used to force her. Those days we were not financially well off. My sister was very simple and did not have any expectations. She always used to make me wear any new saree bought, then only she used to wear saying I drape it nicely. When she got married it was a big loss for me as she was not in the same place. I used to miss her very much. After some months my brother also got married , so I had some company. My brother treated me and my sister in law the same. We used to everywhere together. Whatever gift he bought for my sis in law he used to buy the same for me also whenever he went on tour. Me and my sis in law were good friends. My younger brother also got a job in a different place. He felt I am left alone now since my sister and brother both are married. For me to get married it took sometime. I also got married and was blessed with a good husband. My dh's niece came from kerala to look after my mil since we were all working. I thought she will be a good match for my brother and soon they also got married. She used to think me as a mami and not as a sister in law. Now all are in different places and only memories of those days are there. For everyone its the same we cant be in the same place as before. When we all meet we have a good time but we dont get the opportunity of meeting together always.

Stop thinking about the past, and don’t worry too much about the future. Your presence at this moment is a precious gift. Stop thinking about what you don’t have, what you wish you had, who walked out of your life, and whatever else that falls in that category. Think about what you have, who you have in your life, and how fortunate you are right now.

“We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”

A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself -- to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.”
    Leo F. Buscaglia quotes (American

2. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

True Viji.I am also trying to leave my past. It is history and I am able to do it because of my hubby and my in-laws who take care of me like a kid at their home. I was brought up by my granny and I lost my mother when I was six years old and father never cared about us. So only my younger bro and granny. So many struggle because of granny emotional struggle of the loss of her daughter. But she didn't realise that we have lost our mother. Also relatives avoided us We lost out childhood days. Left alone always. But still we were laughing with each with.my bro was a fun. I miss my mother always. But she has been guiding me in every part of my life. I pray her everyday.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. luckysangeetha

Now I have learnt how to live for the day and try to help people around me as far as possible and left everything to almighty to take care of me and my worries!!! It is helping a lot better.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sangeetha dear glad to get your first fb which made my day. Glad to know you have got good in laws and hubby. Sorry to know you lost your mother when you were very young. Can understand how you must have felt without your mother. Good that you had a good time with your brother. Glad you have learnt how to live with your experience. Dont worry God will take care of everything and you will have a bright future. God bless you and keep you always healthy and happy

5. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Very true Vijima really we should not crib about past and worry too much for future. Sangeetha even I am following the same routine now helping others to the maximum and living each day happily and praying god for everyone's safety.

1 person likes this.
  6. luckysangeetha

Thanks Viji for the encouragement and prayers

1 person likes this.
  7. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

100% true viji ma. Nicely described about family. You are so good so you have all good Sis in laws :) lucky you

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

]

Pranati dear glad to knw that you are living each day happily and praying God for everyone'ssafety

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You are welcome Sangita dear

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

VS dear thanks for your appreciation