Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Video not available now in INDIA.

Amulet likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

:hello:Is it pain in general or a particular pain akin to solving algebra?
    Regards.
    God created zeebra man invented algebra.

Amulet likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:Once upon a time, it was heaven and subsequently it was hell.

When Semester commenced for two days I attended parabola classes.

After missing classes for several dayts, I resumed attending maths classes after a month or so. There was a huge symmetrical curve on either side of y axis written on the blackboard.
    Seeing me after a long time entering the class bit chaotically, an irked prof. Ayyasami, asked me to tell the standard equation for the curve(s) on the board.

I thought for a while, then said , “Sir, the one on the left is parabola y squared = -4ax & on the right another parabola y squared = 4ax.

The class burst into laughter, while I stood nervous batting my eyelids.

Professor with wry smile on his face, told that “we are in hyperbola and you are still in parabola. In between you were missing!”

When I was ignorant, it was heaven indeed and when I began learning in full swing, it was Hell for sure.

God likes hyperbole in His “praises”.

Amulet likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:OMG Incredible in India and a navy man inaction penalised to part with huge reduced alimony of 25 lacs. God you heard it. You are fixing up there and here court fix it up to square up.

Amulet likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Neckline design, and how much neck we want to show in the top is the challenge. I like the standard buttoned shirt, with at least a band-collar (priest collar) in my casual outfits. Regular (dress shirt) collars appeal to me as the best winter wear in a top.
    Easy steps for converting (embroidered) shirt into kurthi or kameez.
    1. Take the shirt to fabric store.
    2. Get help from one of the service ladies to match the fabric
    3. Buy fabric, take it home, (don't cut until you are sure sure sure)
    4. fold and pin the fabric to the shirt in the pattern you like, and see how you like it.
    5. Use the kurti/kameez that you like as a pattern-model. Some can afford to tuck in at waist, and some would/should want to let it hang a bit loose. This body-sizing, especially waist-hip ratio, and how you'd like the top to hang is a very personal choice. There are also various choices of how the attached piece goes -- horizontal all around, like a yurk (a Mongolian Tent) may not be a good choice. Somewhat slanted, or other variations would be better, more stylish.
    6. Then cut, and attach using a sewing machine.​

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Amica likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I am suffering a weird Kevin Bacon syndrome -- all posts seem to be linked to all other posts in a few easy links of thought. The above made an immediate connection to the Anusha2917 's thread about her life (Mundane Life and It Bores Me!). So I went and prescribed her that book, and your book review.
    And then... RFLOL:tongueclosed:... I read this "I want something NEW to come down!", more than once. Not at all a thing for a good-girl, no matter how much of a clockwork routine and predictability of it all gnaws at her psyche.

Yep...you are right about children's books. Sesame Street TV program was laced with double entendres to keep the grownups who watch that with the children, suitably entertained as well.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I saw this pic on facebook. Nice picture. Wondered if the white crystalline thing in the little bowl is sugar.

The dosa-tawa had been too hot in the middle. Charred the batter as soon as it was put on. Sprinkling some water at the center before the batter is put on would have helped to produce a dosa that is uniformly brown.
    [​IMG]

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Gertrude Stein wrote that about the city of Oakland, California, USA.
    Repetition or over use of the same in writing is usually deemed gauche; but not this sentence. It had been celebrated as a clever quip ever since she put it out there.
    Sometimes we come across places/things with plenty of there. When that happens we can imagine Gertrude sitting up in her grave and going "Touché"

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

In Amreeki-life one might experience a "live" show of the making of sausages, the old fashioned way -- packing processed minced meat into the intestine of the animal which contributed the meat as well. Living in locations where there are annual deer hunting seasons can get you those friendly neighbors who'd want to invite you over for a demonstration show. Some hunters who field dress their deer ( a good practice ) will not bring home any of the gut. In such cases one would just use store-bought sausage casings.

Onetime I got a neighbour make me some sausages with curryleaves, turmeric and sambar powder, and some with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and garam masala. One could use these in making biriyani dishes.

Here is a youtube video of a typical way of making venison sausages with some bacon added for flavor, as well as a moisturized texture.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

After a started watching the Amreekan cooking shows I realized that anything can be eaten in this world.

Few of my favorite cooking shows :
    Master chef Australia ,master chef USA -both the kids and adult format, my kitchen rules etc. Travel and living used to be my favorite TV channel at one point. Now I restrict to watching YouTube videos.
    Few weird stuff which I have seen in this shows are : cooking with ox tongue, dish for buffalo penis, crabs which are alive..

Yewwwww! Fun to watch though I would not dare touching any of those..