Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Who'd thought we'd wind up here together? But I sense a devilish amity when I see one ..
    An old friend may be worth a second but a conversational friend is worth a minute when she ...

(1) Inflates a stray metaphor into sustained plot. Loafers are loaves, foundlings are fish. Pond is all around us!
    (2) Fetches a bowler hat from arcane time-capsule.
    (3) Flips Anglo-indians into Indo-Anglicans for her research.
    (4) Inspires me to swing sentences like 'catechins in a coffee are the capuchins of a crypt'.
    (5) Muppetizes Kartik and Mira!
    (6) Pits a guerrilla smashup of youtube and NYT.
    (7) Plies aluminium, steel, copper, borosil thoughts in her sturdy writing.
    (8) Penrod and Perrin are her mascots!

Jeez! That's eight minutes on you!

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha... when you take off, you really do take off ! :kissingheart:
    If I were to be a real "old" friend, I should take advantage of this eulogy, and split. ;)...
    I have years and years to go yet, and I scheme to be happy while they come, and go by.

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Heh! If you don't suspect my goofy id is hacked as what follows is the uncharacteristic and contemplative Novalis. Okay ...not that mawkish but just off-track.

My (longtime) friend passed away sometime back. Married with an infant. She was chatty energetic close to me though we would meet only during India trips. We would plan out yeh karenge life mein woh karengi ..idhar jayengi woh thodenge. She died and her death was texted to me abruptly. There have been many untimely deaths in family and near ones but this death stimulated me particularly because it gnawed at me. The calls I deferred, the uptight sentiments I took for granted, the number of times I could have communicated to her that she was meaningful and consequential to me.

We grew up together. But did I tell her unmistakably that she was a good friend to me. There is no better time to utter the flurry of gripping emotions than now. I feel amused talking to you. You are a good conversationalist. Why defer that sentiment for pomp and timing later.

I was not horrifyingly shaken by the death but felt more mindful of the living.

I am typing here, regressing about our misadventures in IL together. I had not known you from a long time. I don't know where we both would be few years from now. But if this instant you are part of my life story in consolidating the eight-point chronicle of my lark in IL then you are entitled to know how I feel about the momentary reckoning on friendship.

If an unexamined life is not worth living, then an inhibited life is not worth the friendship.

You are funny and mouthful! I might recollect you in future amongst other friends ...arey suno nah ..'I met this NYT mincing friend on a forum but I don't know if I ever told her emphatic that I enjoyed reading her limericks and muppety observations. I wish I told Amulet.' Better be going on and on and take off with a do take off rather than take for granted the transiency of memorable undertakings.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Vaikuntha and Amulet like this.
  4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:roflmao: I never thought my 'situation' would have such deep philosophical implications! Glad to know that the old-coating gone but still working-stuff (both the actual and the implied) can be still used, thanks!

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

This is so astute. That ancient feller who examined and analyzed too much was whacked; being too uninhibited over here could result in the same consequence :frown::tonguewink:.

Sorry about your loss of a good friend. Such losses are often transformative [ecclesiastes] in the living/bereaved. However, no duende can ladle out appreciation of fellow beings from an empty pot. All those long essays in "Appreciation for the Fellow ILites" thread, do not happen unless you are a good people, and feel it in your bones. Let us go on and have fun.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

@Novalis
    You talk and writelike my friend, with whom I havent talked inyears
    I missed her birthday too, I will text her

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If your physics master was a pirate, you'd walk the plank for that formulary.

Used to wonder?

Here is a plank, the popular challenge of the western Yoga. Hold this posture for one minute, while breathing in and out. Once this is mastered (i.e., stay put without shaking, giving up, and collapsing on your belly), you'd move to a higher plank, with elbows no longer bent.

upload_2019-5-16_13-42-21.png

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:wah! Jolly good repartee.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD yet is a constant .

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You know how it is. You are traipsing along a post. And suddenly get startled by a word.
    Like this one...
    Do you get shock-stopped in your track (of reading) when you come across unusual words in posts ?
    The use of the epithet "Cur" startled me. That usage takes some level of sophistication. I had watched a lot of Bugs Bunny Cartoons, and Yosemite Sam would swear like that.

Dictionary:
    cur
    /kər/
    noun
    an aggressive dog or one that is in poor condition, especially a mongrel.
    synonyms: dog, hound, canine, tyke; More
    INFORMAL
    a contemptible man.
    synonyms: rogue, rascal, scoundrel, good-for-nothing, reprobate, unprincipled person; More..​

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

LOL... what sharp eyes you have, said the wolf. : )