Never Mind.....

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Amulet, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

That's interesting news to me! The cast itself would be challenging to finalize for such epic dramatization. A lot of such projects languish in development hell over disputes in artistic liberty ..whether to faithfully portray the historical work on screen or readapt for modern sensibilities. Sounds daunting!

jskls likes this.
  2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The recent forum goings-on reminded me of the soccer games that would happen in our cul-de-sac during summer holidays. Young children would come out, divide into teams, and play. An older child or a dad, sometimes a couple of people, would be the referees.

There would always be disputes - "she kicked me on the shin..", yells and demands for free-kicks would happen now and then. And the referee has to decide and rule on that. The worst dispute happens after one child scores a goal, and the referee disallows it because of an off-side ruling. If the child who thought she scored, owned the ball, she'd declare that the game is rigged, and she's going home with her ball. And she would. Some in the field would yell after her not to go, and others would squat on the lawns, bemused.

"We need instant replay", would be one of the comments from the field -- obviously from someone who had been following IPL games on TV. Eventually everybody would put out a collective sigh, call it a day, and go home. Or... someone else would fetch a ball, and the game will continue on. With the same referees.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nova, Amul,
    May I get you guys something? Maybe something with four sides and a door?

Talking of that, one is reminded of Ms. Virginia Woolf's famous quote: "A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction."

Though that would make a person ponder:

"what if two of them are in a room together.... would any fiction get written?"

Talking of which, why don't you two write some fiction together?

Amulet likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I think we had talked about that already....Nova might run me ragged in that 3-legs sack race. I might ask for padding to the room walls.
    Here is an old cartoon of the two alter egos, Karthik and Mira. K at the keyboard, and Mira correcting his grammar:
    upload_2019-5-7_13-26-6.png

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    satchitananda likes this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

The mousketeer* song that goes
    emm-aiy-see-kay-ee-why emm-oh-you-ess-see [M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E]
    is spoofed into the college song... that goes
    emm-aiy-tee-pee-ech-dee emm-oh-enn-eee-why [M-I-T-P-H-D M-O-N-E-Y]

I googled to see if there was a song at the MIT. Found this flash mob:

*mouseketeer. Noun. Any of the teenage performers featured in the American television variety show The Mickey Mouse Club.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thank you.
    The lilting youthful song for tapping feet must be good. It is blocked here but I would visit them in u tube.
    Going to watch IPL play off I - Chennai vs mumbai indians .
    Regards.

7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Arey, four walls cannot withstand our shindy and banter. Only the open-air backyard could hold our excitement.

My fiction lacks pathos and glycerine of the human condition. My characters are buoyant and outlandish in their romances. A wider purveying of my mini-tales might offend or confound someone of relationship conundrums. I am amused just with my Mira and Kartik sketches here embattled in their grammatical grievances of who should cook upma for whom.

Rihana likes this.
  8. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Woman! I am so consistent that 'fish biryani' and 'frisky gaana' are meted the same self-doubt! I am hesitant to post regional songs unless the thread is too expansive that my froth does not alienate or put off others from inclusive participation. There are loads of Hindi gaane that I only mutter but could never sing..will share as and when my excitement bobs and bubbles.

The scrolling lyrical version of the song is my preference rather than the original video when the visuals in the song aren't that flattering ...as with this song. Moreover it was the poncey Aishwarya, but I retained the original video as it would be unfair to Rajkummar Rao.

The game of 'love-me-love-me-not' though played with leafey things has never been toyed with curry leaves. The resourceful outlay of trifling with curry leaves is that you could at least repurpose those plucked leaves into tadka without casting them away. Curry leaves, mint, coriander should be the official props for such lovelorn contemplation.

Usually, I lunge to the remixed edition on hearing any bollywood song. The souped-up remix on this song is so ghastly that I reverted to the filmy song. And that original Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's song is a drawl. This happens to be one of those well-done songs fancied in filmy adaptation from its original or enhanced offshoot.

Rihana likes this.
  9. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Even with hobbled hocks in that legged sack race, I will outrun your imagination on sambhar fights between goofy couples.

Rihana likes this.
  10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I guess after the release of Bahubali and other historical fictions it has given the director some courage to explore... hope he brings atleast a part of the historical story in its original form without losing the charm.

Amulet hope you will "never mind" this chat. I love PS and so couldn't resist posting