1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never Hide Anything From Parents

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Dec 23, 2007.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

The other day I was watching a programme wherein a girl gets a call from her sister's friend telling her that her sis is serious trouble .This girl believes her and visits the address given by the friend finally to finds that it was a hoax call and lands up in a whore house.She comes out of it unscathed.She thinks that she has handled it smartly on her own without telling her parents.But when the parents find out it brings out shame on her.
    I feel the children should open out with parents all their problems.Anything good or bad there is always a solution.Nowadays children are exposed to this big bad world and I feel what ever they come across it is better to tell out their parents or wellwishers instead of being in a soup.I always tell my children to bring out their problems as well as suggestions so that we have amicable solution.It is better to be safe than sorry.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi kanaka,

A topic very close to my heart. I tell my kids that they have to open with me...and i will be there to support them come what may...and they know that..so i get the full details of whatever they do..even if they make a mistake....

But i see, there are lot of kids, who hide a lot..my friend's daughter used to do that..and she used to be in lot of stress...

3. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi kanaka mam

Very nice topic and vrery important too..........i always yell my son to be open with me.........and he also have that habit of telling everything to me.......and he cant keep anything secret...OOTA VAI.......

As shanthi told, even my close friend used to worry about this ...her son never tell even if he did some good thing.....or important matters........

I feel, we can avoid lot of problems ,by talki ng open to each other........notonly kids all members of the family shld practise this..........for peaceful living........and to avoid unnecessary tensions,stress,doubts................