1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Never ask SORRY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shvap_786, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Shanthi, I am in total agreement with you about how it can go awry. What I do is not appreciate directly with stars or sheets, but just tell my husband about how helpful K was that day when we share about how are days were. "R, when I had to cook and leave K for 30 min, he helped me by putting away his books." When overdone, I have a feeling this too would go awry. K could start thinking it is his responsibility to help me keep the house straight, not just his things.
    To me modelling has been the safest way, but it takes a lot of time. Vahee, I know you're setting a very good example for N, but I think the changes will come over time.
    When DH gets me my morning coffee:hide:, I make it a point to say thank you and he to say welcome. We've been doing since K was 6 months, only recently has he started reciprocating. So, I think you're doing great and Nagla will learn before you know.

2. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI K

nagla learnt this sorry and thank you like this only from us very soon even before she starts nursery but now even we we tell she never bothers but just puts down her head... this shows she know its wrong... each and everything i do i'm doing very carefully these days coz she observes and does it back immediately at the right time which i always wonder..

3. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

When I go by these old threads, Im shocked how some people were cool with thrashing and pounding as legitimate parenting techniques

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020