Neighbor Lady Not Allowing Her Child To Have Play Date With Mine..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Oct 4, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It’s not about sleepover but This lady is not even ready for a play date!

I have tried to make friends with her in the past,invited her home for play dates but she reacted negative more than once.

When my kid started pestering me,that’s when I quite lost my temper.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

My reply was on it. If she is not interested in play dates, you cannot do anything. We need to respect others choices and decisions. She many have her own reasons to do so.

Same way explain to your child (lower to her level and look at her eye, talk in calm way), that she can play in school with her friend, but her (friend's) mom and dad are very busy with so many things that's why we cannot arrange play dates. Teach you kid to respect it.

Also tell tell her if she keep on asking it, you wont ask. Let us see if we can find any other kids to play with her. Encourage her to play with other kids. If you have any play park nearby, take her there. You can try get together with other friends with kids, so that your kid can play with them.

Mistt and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

She has friends and cousins but pestering me with this particular kid as fortunately or unfortunately we are in the same neighborhood and they go in the same bus everyday so proximity is a lot more.

I am trying to make my kid understand
    And hopefully as she grows Older, it will be better