1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Neeya Naana - Latest Episode

Discussion in 'TV' started by peartree, Jun 24, 2013.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies

How many of you watched the latest episode of neeya naana and what did you all think?

To give a gist, it was between women who hate to cook (have someone to help with it) and people who like to cook. There were some pretty extreme ideas on both sides but I tended to agree more with the side that did not like to cook. Let me hear what the other ladies thought about this episode and discuss more.

2 people like this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Hey

I saw the nice show last night..

I love cooking very much I wish to cook different items and serve to our family,

Only one girl who said cooking is giving me a good relax, I thought ( Gopi also expect ) that she will do cooking but she said that once she came from office she will make green tea and have along with bread :(

But you know cooking give me a great relaxation and the style of cooking, the way of handling the stuffs, maintain the kitchen neatly while cooking and present the food without tasting is the real challenge, after all these you can see the loving, enjoying face while having the food with some greeting word from my wife and kids will take me to heaven...

3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Suman, thanks for the note. Yes, I agree that for some people, cooking is a big relaxation.

For me, I would say I fall somewhere between the spectrum. While I don't mind cooking, I definitely can't make it my life's mission to feed my family. If I see that there are other things I would rather do, I will gladly outsource the cooking. What disturbed me was the very judgmental stance of the ladies who liked to cook, of the ladies on the other side... like they were somehow inadequate as mothers and wives because they weren't the ones cooking for their family! I definitely did not like the doctor lady's comments. Also, I found it a little disturbing that the ladies spoke of control... that they felt they could only be in control of their home and families if they cooked for them. I found the argument very absurd.

Will wait for more thoughts...

6 people like this.
  4. chitramayakumar

chitramayakumar Silver IL'ite

HI,

I saw the show yesterday, very nice show. Even I love cooking different items to my family. It is very important point as lady doctor said, cooking is one of the weapon in our hand to control our family. when my husband was in angry mood and I starts to cook his favorite food, immediately he comes to me and forget everything. I am very proud to say in my whole family I am the best cook which was said by everyone in my family. Even my 8 years old daughter and 2 years old boy loves my cooking.

I say one thing to who against to cook. Just planning before day will give very enjoyable and easy with relaxation while cooking.

My husband said that my children are very lucky to have you as a mother. When I hear this word from my husband I am just out of the world.

Loves cooking...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  5. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

I like the opinion of the guest who gave totally different dimension....
    In previous generation the men worked hard and they want the ladies to take care of other activities like cooking.
    But present days women are working hard as men(those who are working on IT industry in india will be aware),
    once you are back from office another stress which is cooking (cleaning the place,keeping things on fridge,preparing rice flour,preparing for next day cooking)will start.I feel rather than like or dislike cooking, the family members(appa/husband/grown up kids) should also be involved and share the work of cooking to make everyone comfortable and healthy.This makes healthy and happy family.Afterall women also human being.

3 people like this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I like the Guest`s view and his perspective. Our society has cultivated this idea of women has to cook to please men. Most of the ladies on that for cooking side, talked about that with pride. Why these ladies come out from the opinion? Do you notice one common thing, these ladies did not train their daughters or compel them to cook, but they blamed the opposite members who do not like cooking.

7 people like this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chitra... it's nice to see that you really like cooking. But why do you need any weapon to 'control' your family? And it's one thing that you enjoy cooking, but if someone just finds it extremely boring to cook, what is your opinion of them? Do you see them as some one who is not a good mother or a good wife? Is being a good cook all there is to a wife/mom?

3 people like this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

krish and vidhya... I agree. I liked the guest's dimension. But if for whatever reason, both the husband and wife don't want to get involved in this chore of cooking and can afford to pay someone to do it for them, why not?

I really did not understand why the side that liked to cook kept saying that the other side ladies were missing some big joy out of their lives!! Like not all people like to do the laundry, or sweeping or mopping, so do some women not like to cook... what is the big deal about that?

5 people like this.
  9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

I saw the show y'day. It went well and both the sides are having a point to their side. Husbands love their wives bcoz of their cooking - is not acceptable to me. We share husband's financial burden, naturally husbands have to share the house work.

The guest shared a view that it is not helping, it is sharing. I like his view. but one girl openly discussed that cooking makes her physically tired and she cant enjoy with her husband. i appreciate this open talk.

what u say regarding this girl's view?

andal

3 people like this.
  10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Thanks... I also do not like the point many ladies from the for cooking side were making about their husbands' compliments about their cooking makes their day.

About the girl, I actually really liked the points she was making, even if they seemed shallow to some people. She seemed to have all her priorities figured out and was quite sensible IMO. On the other hand, the ladies on the other side, I did not like that they kept reiterating that their child's asking for coffee or husband's demand for some dish would immediately make them forget their tiredness etc. etc. And I still don't understand the 'control' through cooking point even a little bit. I actually feel sad for the women who think that the only way they can make their presence be perceived as important in the house is by cooking.

3 people like this.