1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Needed expert advice for my problem with mom in law

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by soudiya, Jul 28, 2008.

1. soudiya

soudiya New IL'ite

Dear All,

This is a wonderful website, cuz this really helped me with my problems, you guys are exceptionally good with your advice, with that note I have another problem to be solved,its nothing new its my mom in law.she is extremelly possesive of her son that at time I feel that I shouldnt have married her son in the first place ,though she doesnt live with us, she has to know everything about what we do, how we do what we cook, where we go, do we save or do we spend, plenty of questions ........... I dont mind these questions if asked once, and definately not always I sometimes feel that she tries to pacify her insecurities by asking such questions such as why her son doesnt call her every day . The strange part is that couple of day was her birthday & my husband probably forgot to wish her early in the morning, he wished her at noon, so she spend her whole day wipping and sulking that her forgot her birthday,and made a whole lot of issue out of it. She really stresses me out, now I am 11 weeks pregnant and I suffer through lots physical and mental fatique, half day i spend puking and half with headachs, inspite of that she would make comments like my poor son has to come from office and cook, he has to take care of everything, My poor beta doesnt get to eat fish ,mutton ,..... hmmmmm... its quite disturing, as it is I suffer through the guilt that I cant do it for him, she makes sure that I go through the whole trip three hundred times. Recently she would ask now seem to be fine so should probably start cooking... she also has problems with my mum. evidence is that my sister in law wants to come and do her Phd in london and my mum also wants to come in then, so she told me upfront that your mum and my daughter cant live, so you ask your mum to come later.

My woe is why worry living elsewhere that we eat or cook,or sleep and also trying to control us . How do I communicate this to her,and , since i am gonna be a mum i dont intend to be an over protective mum, even when your son is 31years old.

I am really scared to the spine.

Please guide me Drowning

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Re: Needed expert advice

Dear Soudiya..Do not worry.You wil get lot of solutions here.First of all post your problems in correct thread.You are new here..Please take your time to browse the site and post.

Good luck.