Need your input!!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Persistent, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Persistent

Persistent New IL'ite

I left my job and moved to US in Dec 2009. I wanted to pursue MBA. Even though I aimed high, I got only 640. I have applied to around 10 schools and I'm waiting for the interview call from schools. Now I'm slowly loosing my confidence that I will get into an MBA school this fall as the competition among Indian applicants is tough.

My question is, Do you know any other business programs other than MBA? Can you throw some insighs? I have good experience in the Marketing department, good GPA in my undergraduate and I will get good recommendations too.

Please let me know.

2. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

I guess 640 is not such a bad GMAT score. It depends on the university you are targetting. Some universities publish in their website the average GMAT score for candidates who got admission in the previous year.

However, if you feel that it is affecting your chances to admission, then try retaking GMAT and apply for coming Spring. It may be worth the effort, because in addition to getting admissions, a high GMAT score may be a criteria for being considered for scholarships.

I dont know much about business programs other than MBA. I have heard MS Information Systems is a sought after one.