Need urgent advice on distance learning MBA from Sikkim Manipal University - pls help

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by rms1, Sep 9, 2011.

1. rms1

rms1 New IL'ite

First of all thanks for reading my post. I have some questions and confusion and I hope I can get some good answers from you.

I am 30 year old lady. I completed my B.com with 49% in 2002 & M.com with 42% in 2009. As I belonged to typical middle class family where girls get no freedom, I wasn't much career oriented. I started my career soon after graduation with mediocre jobs like tele marketing, admin and customer care. Then I worked with one educational institute as counselor for 2 year. I then got married, but got divorced soon. Now I don't have any family support so I want to build my career so in the long run I can support myself financially. I know its too late as I am already 30 but I still think of doing MBA so that it can add value to my career. I have no capacity to clear CAT or GCET nor I am eligible for it as I have less than 50 % in B.com. Also I don't have money to do expensive MBA from institute like IIM. So I am planning to do distance learning MBA from Sikkim Manipal University. They are providing weekend classes in their learning centre. Now I have the following questions:

1) Is the MBA from Sikkim Manipal UGC recognised and AICTE approved. Its website states that it is UGC recognised and is recognised by directorate or distance learning education. But nowhere it states that it is AICTE approved.

2) I called them and they said that I will get master degree on successful completion of course and if I score more than 65% then I can be eligible to do Ph.d in India or abroad on the basis of the degree. So can I trust them on this?

3) Most important question --- The fees incl. tution fees is total Rs. 76500 (approx). So my question is - is it worth doing MBA from this institute at the age of 30 (being a female) with no significant work experience and is it worth spending this much amount of money.

4) I called them and they claim that it is number one insitute in India in distance learning. Can I trust them on this?

5) How this MBA degree will help in my career and what are the possible scopes?

6) As I have always done mediocre jobs I can't decide what major I should select, I don't want to select marketing for sure, so now in which I can have more scope - Finance or HR.

I hope I can get quick help on this

Thank you very much.

2. rms1

rms1 New IL'ite

Re: Need urgent advice on distance learning MBA from Sikkim Manipal University - pls

38 views but no reply. I really need advice

I really need urgent advice on this as I have to take decision within one week. I am already missing weekend classes and if I join now I have to give exam of first semester in january 2012.
    Atleast can someone tell me that is it worth doing MBA at 30. Is the age 30 too old for studing MBA & tht too from university like sikkim manipal. Atleast someone give reply.