Need Travel Plan Help

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ChinnuZ, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ChinnuZ

ChinnuZ New IL'ite

Hi

I need help in planing a small trip during this decemeber. We are 2 ladies(sisters) and 2 children are from Cochin. We have only few days free in our hands with limited budget. Is it safe to travel without a male? We have 5 days. I prefer to use some conducted tour. we have so many places in our mind but don't know how to plan it. Mysore, kodaikanal, munnar, koimbator to name few.
    Any inputs will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

ChinnuZ:-D

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I think you should contact a travel agent. good luck.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Chinnu,
    If you could PM me with your budget and the dates you have I could make a travel plan for you and arrange for your travel and visiting these places. though you say a few days you have not stated the number of days and your preferred mode of travel also.

4. ChinnuZ

ChinnuZ New IL'ite

Thank you anandchitra and rajmiarun.

We are not planing visit all those places but couple of them. December is not a month to visit Ootty but we have decided to visit Ootty because we found a very reliable accomodation there. We would like to visit Mysore too but don't have any reliable place to stay as we are only ladies and kids. To tour that place may be we could depend on the govt. tourism service. What is the best way to reach Coonnoor at Ootty from Kochi? Someone suggested to take train from kochi to Coimbatore then bus. Right now planning to stay at Ootty for 2 days. We have 6 days altogether but not necessarily we have to use all those days. Well, if anybody has any more suggestions I appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

ChinnuZ

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi chinnuz,

You have got accomodation at ooty/coonoor?. yes the suggestion of train from kochi to coimbatore and bus is good. you can try the coonoor to ooty train the view is good. there are lot of places in and around ooty/coonoor. you can visiit gudalur, mudumalai and kothagari. all are beautiful places.

All this if you can get a good cab driver/tour operator.

6. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chinnuz you appear to be in good hands regarding the planning, I will just give my two bits for what it is worth, I find that train travel in India is the best way because of all the wonderful sights on the way. Of course, if time is short then you need to find the fastest mode of transport.
    Have a great holiday!