1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need to share

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by bebe, Jun 16, 2011.

1. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

strange world we life in.

My sister still-since-divorce-not-finalized-yet-H got married again! What does India do to saveguard her female children?

My hearts breaks for all the pains my sis had to endure... hope it is over soon....

2. Umlaut

Umlaut Silver IL'ite

Dear Bebe,

That's so disgusting. Your sister is best rid of such a creep.

If your sister's and the soon-to-be ex were married per the Hindu Marriage Act, then I believe he can be booked for bigamy. India has laws to safeguard her female children, only we must know how to use them. Has your sister spoken to her lawyer about this development?

And the girl that he married? Are she and her parents anywhere aware of his still legally married status? Did they even verify his background? Perhaps you might want to talk to this girl and her parents in case they are not aware and he has duped them!

I hope all turns out well for your sister.

Best wishes.

3. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

Hallo Umlaut

You are right, I will let my sisters lawyer know to prepare a petition against him for bigamy. thank you...

take care

4. lakvishy

lakvishy Senior IL'ite

Why do you want to destroy his another short at marital life ? Your sister has already divorced him from her heart, so whether he is single or married, what gives ?

Leave this bitterness and move ahead, you / your sister will heal soon, if you stop thinking about the past.

Yes, understand that it is very painful that her husband could so quickly forget everything and get married, but still let it go. Why do you want to go for more fights ? Leave it and try to find peace !

5. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

And just for you information miss, I never wrote that I want to destroy anyones happiness, so please watch your words...

You really want to know why I am so angry? First of all he is a wife beating SOB. Be it my sis or his new wife, whom according to her mother he beat up last friday and that girl is nine months pregnant.

You want to know other reasons? Do you actually know that there are certain laws in India which have to be followed, at least by law-abinding-citizins? One of it is, that bigamy, at least for Hindus is not allowed.

I think, if you ever would have gone through what my sister did, you too would rather want him to be punished for all the misdeeds he has done...

you seem to me like a VERY liberal person, hope none in your family ever gets beaten black and blue by her husband, than when asked for divorce absconds and does not agree to the divorce, only for money, and moves on and marries another innocent girl/victim. And when confronted by his new "wife" about is not-yet-divorced-status, he absconds again and lets that poor girl alone...

are does reason enough, that I would want to see that SOB punished? Or should I simply let it go, as per you, dear lakvishy.

6. Umlaut

Umlaut Silver IL'ite

I think you missed the point, Lakvishy! Regardless of whether or not he exists in her sister's heart, she is still legally married to him. Without a decree of divorce, he went and married someone else and that as per Hindu law is bigamy, which is an offense. And not only that, he has also cheated the second girl

Actually, I would say this other girl's condition is worse than that of your sister's, Bebe. At least your sister is safely out of the clutches of that creep. But what about the second "wife" ? What is her legal status now? I don't think the court will accept the second marriage as he was still not divorced from first wife. And then you say she is pregnant! what about her unborn child? what is his/her fault?

7. bebe

bebe Bronze IL'ite

I agree with you here. That girl is in a worse state. Pregnant with a child of a SOB, with no legal status as a "wife" and a "husband" who is a scumbag. Atleast she does not need to divorce him and go through that hassle, as they are not legally married... But her life is spoilt. She will actually have a child out of wedlock, the stigmata of falling for a con and the harshness to raise a child alone. But as per her mother, she still is sticking to her "hubby" aka SOB and does still believes that the divorce is long finalized, which actually is not? Is is so blindly in "love" that she still believes all the lies he dishes out, even after him leaving her yesterday and absconding... Now she is crying, that WE ruined her life? Did WE or did HE?

8. Umlaut

Umlaut Silver IL'ite

apparently, the first wife can file for divorce on this ground:

If the marriage is solemnized before the Hindu Marriage Act and the husband has again married another woman in spite of the first wife being alive, the first wife can seek for a divorce.

i am not sure whether one can post external links here, but i found this in one of the first sites that came up in a google search with the term "grounds for divorce in India".

i am not a lawyer so i don't know the technicalities of these things. ask your lawyer to examine all such possibilities for getting a divorce or dissolution of her marriage with that creep. that is the the main thing now so that your sister can move on with her life. and yes, if the current lawyer is doing a crappy job. fire him/her and get another!

did she not even ask to see the document of divorce before she married him? if she did not and blindly believed him, then i would say that she is a big fool! anyway, if someone wants to be a fool and go around with blinkers on their eyes, its their problem? better to leave her to her fate! you concentrate on getting your sister out of this mess.

9. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

oh God, what an a***** is that man. how many girls' life will he ruin.. but atleast thankfully your sister is out of the crappy man.
    Hope her life settles soon with all happiness only

10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Wow.. Looks like this guy is really crappy and thank God that your sister is out of his relation and pray that the legal proceedings divorce end soon. I pity and feel sorry for your sister for what she underwent. So didn't the second wife's parents or the girl herself didn't know about your BIL's marital status? And when you say she is 9 months pregnant, it's not like they got married yesterday.. Looks like it's been a while since they got married, right? So Why didn't you or your family take any steps then. May be I got the time wrong.. :-( Did you guys take steps to stop the marriage. Sometimes such marriages happen in secrecy and comes to limelight very late. And on what basis can the second rounders blame you guys? That sounds baseless.

At the same time, your initial post had absolutely no information about any of these which you later used to bash up Lakvishy dragging her family. As much as your anger towards that crappy guy is acceptable, you gave no clue about the happening in your initial post and Lakvishy's reply was for your first post which had NO information about what all your sister had to go through or what all that so called hubby did. So I think you pouring your anger at Lakvishy for her suggestion was in anyways NOT ok. (I agree that what she said was 'legally' incorrect - Per Hindu marriage act, going ahead with the second marriage when the first is not closed is illegal - But how would she have known what all you and your family went through from the initial post of yours)

Well.. you know this is an open forum and based on your input people give various responses. taking it or not or giving full info or not is upto you.

Good luck!!