Need to find place around Texas Medical Centre, Houston for accomodation

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by Busybeans, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Busybeans

Busybeans New IL'ite

Hello,

I am Beena and i am from mumbai. I'll be moving to houston in few months, with my husband and my 4 yr old daughter. Can anybody please suggest me which area should i look for accomodation, especially around Texas Medical Centre. I am looking for an area with more indian community, and also with good public schools.

Thanks in advance..

2. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

Hi Beena,

There are four texas medical centers branches in Houston, Which one you are looking for?

If you are looking for community having many indians than, look near BAPS temple stafford, Tx. Its 24-28 minutes of any of the Texas Medical Center

There are good school nearby too.
    I stay right beside BAPS temple, and my community is pretty good having lots of Indians

Lemme know if you find my post informative.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  3. Busybeans

Busybeans New IL'ite

Hi Mansi,

Many thanks for replying. I will be attending school of public health in texas medical center houston.
    Is there a public transport available from stafford to tmc? Also can you suggest few apartments in bellaire? Is it a good place for accomodation for an indian family....mostly for a short period of time as i am planning to move to sugarland after a year...?

Thanks again

4. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

Hi Beena,

Public transportation is very very poor in whole Houston, if you are not planning to buy a car I would suggest to stay as near as you can to medical center so one can walk to work. And about apartments in bellaire I have heard negative till date but still for a year I am sure u guys can manage. I would recommend rent.com website for apartment search.
    Enter specific area zip code and website will suggest you pretty good apartment and contact details

thanks
    Lemme know if you have any other query(s)

5. shabnamgathania

shabnamgathania New IL'ite

Hi Beena,

I also stay near to Medical Center...Im from Delhi... Can check for The Richadale Apartments in Braeswood , Phoenix Dr. Houston Texas 77030, The Greenbriar.

Hope this helps you