Need tips to improve egg quality

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyarnair, Nov 2, 2015.

1. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Please suggest some tips to improve egg quality.

2. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Acupuncture might help u to improve egg quality...

3. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello Divyanair,

Egg quality depends upon Age. If you are young and still have poor egg quality problem it may be due to stimulation protocol aswell.

1.Wheatgrass - If you have high or elevated FSH or producing dark eggs it might help. Its even helps anemic ppl.
    2. Coq10 - .(Plz get approval from your consultant before use for above 2).
    3. DHEA - Its prescribed if you have low AMH or AFC. There are studies that say it might improve the quality aswell.

Other foods that might help are protein rich foods (Eggs,chicken breast), wheatgerm, omega fatty acids.

Stress also negatively affects the body in that case acupunture, massage, yoga(breathing exercise), excercise might help you relaxing.

Also avoid processed and sugary foods include more fruits veggies and nuts in your diet.

Hope it helps.

Agony likes this.
  4. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Sorry, I didnt give many details :-
    Age is 31 ,My first ICSI cycle failed. 14 oocytes were retrieved which were all of good quality.All 14 got fertilized, however only 7 embryos were of good quality. I had 3 FETs (2 each transfered,),all the 3 had negative BHCG.In my last FET i was also given Intralipid and IUHCG ,but nothing worked.Doc has told that embryos were not great. Next ER is planned for Jan 2016 and I wanted to do my part by improving egg quality.

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ubiquinol/Coq10 is the one thing my RE recommends. DHEA is supposed to help in some cases but consult your doctor about that. If you google 'CCRM cocktail' you will find a list of supplements recommended by the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine, one of the best IVF clinics in the US. Melatonin is not advised for those with thyroid issues but the rest are OK. Make sure you are taking a good prenatal vitamins.
    I take L-arginine and the antioxidants Coq10 and pycnogenol, omega 3 in addition to prenatals.

7. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Thanks , This link is so infomative !!

8. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hi Divyanair,
    Did doctor say what's wrong with the eggs ? 7 good quality embryos is very good outcome of a cycle plus embryos are suitable for freezing only when they are of good quality. But when a cycle doesn't have positive outcome dr normally first blame it on eggs. All 7 embryos are day 3 or day 5 ? Is sperm quality good.
    Sometimes the protocol and drugs used also affects the quality of embryo.

9. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

1. Soaked and peeled Almonds
    2. Wheat Grass juice
    3. Pomegranate
    4. Raisins
    5. No junk, tea, coffee
    6. Less Sugar