1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

need tips to gain weight

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Deepu04, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Please suggest me some tips to gain weight. I am vegetarian. pls tell some veg & Healthy diets.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

1.Chikoo(Sapotta) Milkshake
    2.Honey in milk

These will increase ur weight

Thyagarajan and Deepu04 like this.
  3. susangarcia703

susangarcia703 New IL'ite

I Heard that eating macadamia nuts contain a large amount of calories. They make a good snack as well.

Thyagarajan and Deepu04 like this.
  4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Deepu,
    usually we see many post for losing weight but your post makes me to smile u want to gain some weight. It is really easy kg u dont have any medical issues which stops u to gain weight. Try this-- Soak 3almonds 3cashews 3dray dates one tsp khaskhas and few raisins in water and morning grind them and drink them with milk or u can have them before sleep. You will see good result in one months. If possible include one cup solid curd in the morning breakfast. I wish u gain some weight but keep in control.

5. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Padma.. sorry for the late reply... I will try this and let you know the results. :)

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

milk with honey and banana......at night...before you sleep
    soaked almonds with milk.....

one thing remember is..over time..with age...every woman gains weight....if you push yourself to gain weight at this age....you would feel bad later...also try gaining healthy weight..i.e with protein and right diet...

go to gymn or take long walks in park...have good food dont skip lunch/breakfast or dinner....keep yourself healthy....

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Srividya... My weight is 48 this month... Can you please give some food items which has high proteins for right diet.

8. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

48 is not very less. actually depends on your height and age. Do you have a small appetite? In that case it is better to slowly increase intake. Any crash diet to gain or lose will have other side-effects. Having 3 glasses of whole milk with other usual healthy food is enough to give a boost to your weight. Dry fruits and nuts also help. All these will improve general health and improve skin texture. That itself will give a healthy look. Dont be tempted to have too much butter and oil to increase weight.

lakshmi888 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hey Polymorphic, thanks!! I was actually 40 bfr 1 yr. I have vvery small appetite, bt now started eating a lot to increase the size of appetite. I am not fond of Milk so i ll drink milk ( with Badam powder added to it.) only once in a day dat too bcoz of my mom`s compulsion. Other than that i eat nuts & dry fruits. I will have ghee added to my food items which i am taking for lunch, irrespective of the dish. Don know how far it helps me... My only target is to "GAIN WEIGHT BEFORE MY MARRIAGE"

10. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

dairy products are good for increasing weight. try milkshakes with fruit. i suppose banana milkshakes are good for increasing weight. i was ur weight when i was getting married and even when i conceived. its better to be healthy and active. You should also exercise and drink lots of water to increase metabolism.

Thyagarajan likes this.