1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need tips for long Air-travel with 2 boys(7 and 51/2yrs)

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Junebug, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Junebug

Junebug New IL'ite

Hello All,

I will be travelling with a 7 and 5.5 yr old boys by myself. We have to change 3 flights and the total travel time is 31 hours. Just 2 more days for the flight and I am getting really scared. The older one has high energy and needs to be kept busy. Please share your ideas and tips to manage them.

Jaya

2. Asha123

Asha123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Last month I travelled with 3 kids, Age: 5, 3, and 1 & half from PA to Hyderabad, and i had to change 2 filghts tho, i took Portable DVD player with many CD's, books and toys for kids, I hade very good time with them, dont get scared, everything will be fine, and there will be many people to help u out.

Good Luck.

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

try searching on google'air travelling with kids'.you get lots of interesting sites with lots of suggestion.
    personally ,i find check in & outs more tough with kids.that time its really difficult to keep them busy & in my case keep them from running away.recently ,during a short air travel my 11 mths old would keep on crawling away from me much to the amusement of other fellow travellers.
    you can also ask your 7 yr old for suggestion.children have really very nice suggestion.mine (4 yr old ) suggested taking balloons to keep baby busy.
    small chess set,ludo set ,books,kiddie's laptop,colouring books,story books,puzzle books are also good option.pack their own rucksack with their own things

4. Junebug

Junebug New IL'ite

Thanx for all your tips. We made it through those 30hrs. Hurray! What really helped was a friend's tip to carry their favorite familiar food. I carried PBJ sandwiches. It filled them up and helped them take a nap. Nothing worse than a hungry kid on the plane.

I took some activity books and colors but they did not show any interest. Will save them for the return journey though.