1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need suggestions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by minip, Mar 12, 2008.

1. minip

minip New IL'ite

hi friends,

i am married for 5 yrs and have a 3 1/2 yr old daughter.

my husband likes to eat food watching tv everytime . after marriage i had no problem with that .but now my daughter is also doing the same thing .
    i like to eat food ( at least one time a day) in dinning table as a family.but he says he likes it this way.

can i fix this?
    how are you guys doing this:help

i appreciate your feedback
    thankyou
    mini

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mini,
    watching TV and having food is not good.
    If you cannot change that.. change the position of the dining table as such that it faces the TV--so that you can enjoy sitting together and having food and your husband's desire to watch the TV while eating is fulfilled..

Tell him that watching the TV and having food is not at all good and if he is weight-conscious, tell him that it will affect his health by over-eating ( that's what the study says)

sriniketan

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Having food while watching TV is not good for health.
    Please try to follow what Sriniketan has suggested.
    Get some materials and give it to your husband to read about this bad habit.
    They may not change abruptly... keep trying...
    Good luck.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Mini, I must frankly admit that I was like your husband before our boy arrived. My husband always likes to sit on the table and eat as a family. Also reading books while eating he detests. He got fed up telling me to change :hide: But after our boy was born I changed for his sake. As it is it's so tough to make the children concentrate on their food and eat and if the tv is running or we combine other activities while eating it's not only bad for their (and ours too) health but also not a good behaviour (table manners). So you might want to bring in your daughter's welfare in focus to your husband and insist! Latha

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Mini,

talk to your husband. Switch off the TV during dinner time. Make it a point that you talk about that day, like what happened, any news, cinema or whatever you guys feel during that time.

Watching TV while eating or in bedroom is not good for any relationship. it consumes all your beautiful time