1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions on Piercing ear...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Thriveniram, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

ILH,

yes i did.... because... he turns beet red when he cries and that was the first time i saw him like that.... i was more scared than think about the pain! its part of our tradition... even my husband had the same when he was small and me too!

2. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Def traditional method is the best.. Did for my DD when she was 1yr.. in a temple. .she was perfectly fine within mins. . She cried for a while. . The person who pierced applied sandal and turmeric mixture. . She was fine after that and slept for a while. .

3. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

he is super now ILH....

chattar pattar whole day through now.... till august it was fewer words and rare speaking... in two months he has becomes expert.... he is into forming sentences nowadays.... and its like nonstop whole day.... few english words.... more of our mother tongue.... and few rhymes he is trying and also numbers and alphabets!!! (im feeling soooooo proud of him nowadays!)

traditions are traditions... i want to do it that way so that elders at both places are happy... next in line for him is his first haircut ceremony.... which will happen sometime next year mostly some time after he is 2.5 year old!

4. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

we can cut by before the time he cut 1 year..... but normally for boys its done after they complete 2 years.... my DH had his first haircut before he turned 5 or so!! its allowed to grow....

but my son had scarce hair on birth... which was so until he turned 6+ months... and he has curly hair.... so though it has grown long... its curls all over his head!! so no issues... got to think before he goes to playschool...

he is now quite good at our mother tongue konkani... i am also teaching him english... so its good for him (he can talk to people around here in english and also in family where few dont know english a lot!!) when he goes to school i plan on teaching him to speak few other languages also... slowly though so that he doesnt get confused!!

5. anusha4

anusha4 Senior IL'ite

Always the traditional way of ear piercing is good. Since, it don't have an side effects.
    As far as i know, they use natural antibiotics like turmeric after ear piercing which will avoid infections.
    :thankyou2:for following the traditions.