Need Suggestions on Ladies Tailor in Adayar / Tiruvanmiur / Besant nagar

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by tharinipup, Jan 19, 2010.

1. chaithanyareddy

chaithanyareddy New IL'ite

you can check out OORNAA its run by Viji, her contact number is 9840002318 she gives amazing fit & beautiful designer neck patterns, she can replicate exactly what you want her to do.. i have got my wedding blouses done with her & she is doing it for me for the past 4 yrs now.

2. NRj

NRj New IL'ite

Hi can you please give me an idea of what she charges for a designer blouse?
    Ta
    NRj

3. BanuRangan

BanuRangan New IL'ite

Hi,

I am also looking out to stitch my wedding blouses. I am new to c hennai. Chaitanya, could you please share the samples if its possible or let know the price amount to have an idea.
    Thanks.

4. Myidfor

Myidfor New IL'ite

Couldnt agree more on jessy of vasthraa in adyar!
    She is so unprofessional...her attitude is enough o turn customers away...her work used to be much better few yrs back now her quality also sucks! Stay away from her!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. sgayathrii

sgayathrii New IL'ite

Can you please give me the address or landmark for the same

Thank u...

6. Candy0504

Candy0504 New IL'ite

She is the worst lady i have ever seen. Pls don go to her. She is too costly for her poor works. I suggest everyone just to avoid her. She doesnt give you quality blouse. She jus like tat spoiled my engagement blouse like anytthing. She is sick and im totally pissed off with the blouse she did it for me. She wil not even respond you properly. She will treat you so badly and prolong the work.

Im writing this just to save other from getting their their spoiled on their wonderful moment of your life

7. fathimaaayisha

fathimaaayisha New IL'ite

Hai, I am aayisha, there is a boutiue in thiruvanmiyur near singapore shopee. The measuement taken by lady and she stitch well. She will not leave you until you satisfied. she have the branch in adyar also. Her Number is 9677239123

8. sharranya1803

sharranya1803 New IL'ite

Hi all, a very late reply for a very old post, but I couldn't help write.This might be useful for future questions.
    I fell in love with Jessie-Vastra,Adyar, very similar to simbu when he fell in love with Jessie in the movie VTV. Yes it was love at first sight.
    just like jessie from the movie Vastra's jessie is a malayalee too. She is not rude, its just that when Mallu's speak in Tamil, they come across as rude, I am married to one, so I know that for sure.
    Anyway I have been giving all my costly dresses to Jessie and Never have I faced any problems with the fitting. She just has a knack for making the perfect curve and I am too finicky about my fitting and Vastra does the best for me. I have been going to her since 2008,which is a good 8 years
    Now she charges Exorbitant prices, but I always think the work deserves it.
    I did my engagement and wedding blouses and salwars with her, man she did an amazing work. Many people personally came up to the stage and told me that all my blouses were awesome.( I had 5 silk saree for various rituals for my wedding). The AARI & ZARDOSI work done by her were mind-blowing. I had a flame red-orange saree for my oonjal which had lotus like pattern on the border and a plain silk blouse attached. Man she took the motif from the saree and re-created the whole effect in Aari/Zardosi effect in Gold. It was perfect and she charged me around 4-5 thousand which I think was totally worth it.
    I also gave her a very simple light-weight silk saree in sky blue and again re-created the motifs and up-lifted the look. With Jessie, I am sure of one thing, I don't have to break my head with the designs and patterns. She never repeats the designs on any of the blouses. She is so creative that all my vastra-stitched blouses are so unique.
    On the down-side, she is never on time, I always give my blouses to her 2-3 months before I need them, I know its too much but I have tried other places that call themselves boutique and they pretty much suck. Like pretty women in alwarpet, an other one opposite Defense officer's enclave etc. I don remember its name, but they pretty much ruin my cloths. Now I have been living in Dubai for past 3-3.5 years and I struggle to make the tailors here to think on on their own to a different neck-back pattern. Everything must be spoon-fed to these people. Jessie on the other hand would do unique patterns.
    Anyway tailors are like doctors,what might suit you, might not suit others. So give her a try and be prepared for the cost.

Man she has to give me a discount for such a long and positive comment about her :)P) And I swear to GOD, she isnt giving me any commission :D

9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

I need a good tailor to stitch salwar near Adyar area.. This comments on Vastra scares me.. Ekanta is good but charges heavily..
    Can anyone suggest a good tailor other than jessi Vastra?