1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions on Indian/American Blender/Grinder

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by vidya31184, Oct 28, 2010.

1. vidya31184

vidya31184 New IL'ite

Hi all .

I need suggestions from u guys , I dont have Indian mixi here in USA .I went to target ,but I was not able to decide which blender/grinder I have to buy. please help me .Ur suggestions r valuable for me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2011

2. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

re: need suggestions on American Mixie/Grinder

Hi, do you need a mixie for your regular grinding stuff or for grinding our indian masala powders? You need to buy a good brand coffee grinder for grinding masala powders.

However, I myself have bought an indian mixie online, its expensive, but I love it. Its preethi mixie (Eco twin) and I use it for grinding my masala powders almost on a dialy basis and also use occassionally for idli, dosa and vada batter. I also use a stone grinder for my idli and dosa batter for for smaller quantity i use my preethi mixie.

3. sonaparmar84

sonaparmar84 New IL'ite

Hi vidya Oster is also good quality mix. & it also available in different type of range depend upon the speed ($25-$80), this brand is very good ,u can buy it from online or walmart.

Sona

4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Oster is good...i bought oster fusion with 600 watts from walmart...they are more powerful to grained ice cubes..(i used to grained idly,dosa batter)..it cost somthing like 50 or 60 $..worth for money..long lasting.. mostly i use it daily for grainding masala,chutney.... also i graind chilli powder using it..

but they will provide only one big jar....for chutney and masalas i use a small jar..which i get from one indian store as attachment..:)

5. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

As everyone said i am also using Oster its really very comortable.Even i make chuttney,idli,dosa batter.

6. vidya31184

vidya31184 New IL'ite

Thanks friends for ur suggestions.

Cindrella I need answer regarding small jar . I also saw the small jar in indian store the brand name is sakshi . will it fit for blender . There is no risk in using small jar which is made in India. If we fit this jar to the blender ,will the blender run smoothly.

Thanks,
    vidya

7. cinderella06

The jar i'm using is manufactured for oster blender..that what the store person said..(the name in the jar says oster)....it wont look like a normal small jar we use in india..its more like a small storage jar with handle..they wont provide the base or blade..we have to use the same base and blade given for the big jar..

There is another small jar exactly like our indian jar which comes with base and blade (sorry i dont know the name)..which is also manufactured for oster brand..but it suits only for low watts blender(like 400, ours 600) so we bought that..

ask the store person before buying..if it will suit your blender(mention the model and watts to him)

no risk of using those jars as they are manufactured for the oster brand..and it runs smoothly..

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

9. cinderella06

Exactly the same i have..but its shows 11.39$..i bought it for 5$..

10. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Even I got for $5 - but that was almost 2 yrs back.. I just posted the link to show the picture. There might be other listings in amazon for cheaper prices.. Or a google search with the product name will pull out better prices.

Indu