Need suggestions on career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by saarang, Mar 3, 2015.

1. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I have been thinking a lot lately about my career and wanted few suggestions. Would be really great if anyone could suggest. My scenario:
    I was on H1-B till March 2014 after which I quit my job due to completion on project. Now, I am on H4 and since my H1-B is valid till next year, I am looking out for opportunities again. However luck has not favored me so far and I am tired of looking. I am worried about how well could I place myself when I am back in India after break of 2 years(Mostly will be moving to India next year). Will I be able to get a job again there?
    Another thought that has crossed my mind- I always wanted to open a Montessori school in India. I have not worked in that direction yet. However, my husband says I could start the training here and open a franchisee when we get there. Do you people think this would work? I mean, is it a good idea? Need suggestions on 2 things:
    1. Job break now and entering IT in India again
    2. Starting a Montessori

2. saarang

53 views and no suggestions :(

3. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

Don't get disheartened because you see no replies. Sometimes people do not really have a response. For example I saw your post, but I have no idea about what sort of training is required or how to setup or run a Montessori.

I would think there are 2 things to consider, what is your inclination towards. Which one do you really want to do. Secondly, how feasible is the idea.

2 people like this.
  4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

OP, I do have friends in IT who took a break for having kids etc and re-entered the workforce. So its not impossible.

Your second question begets some more thought and discussion. What kind of role do you see for yourself in the school? Will you be teaching kids or just function as administrator? In the initial phase I would think that you need to be fairly conversant with the teaching aspect as well.

In that context are you comfortable working with little kids? Teaching and little kids are 2 different ideas. For instance I love teaching and the exchange of ideas but I find working with little kids very stressful.

I would suggest you volunteer at a montessori school to find out if this is your niche before signing up for training and setting up school. If you do have the calling, go ahead. This could be a life-changer for you :)

Good luck with your decision-making process.

2 people like this.
  5. saarang

Thanks! what you have said is true... May have to think lots before venturing into the idea.

6. saarang

Thanks butterfly!:)
    As suggested by you, I was planning on volunteering at a school first and be comfortable with the whole process. As a long term goal, I would not want to remain as a teacher if I start a Montessori. However, I understand that I need to have that quality as well. So thinking...