Need suggestions for family planning

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sunitha, Nov 21, 2007.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Birth Control Pills

Laks,

Ohhhh.. so many cautions????
    am confused now..
    My Dh is not okay to take BCP now.. am just going to have an ab and he ask me not to try any pill now and he says he will use C's

I was asked to take antibiotics from mon since am having a medical ab for health reasons.. so i think i may need to call my GYn asking her when to start pills.. am planning to take pills and try out.. but along with C 's too..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I guess you should talk to your doc about it. She will be in a better position to answer. Since you need to start a pill on the first day of your period, you won't know when to start it this time anyway.

Btw, I'm sorry you have to term but you should do what is appropriate for your health.

3. AnithaPartha

Laks,

Finally, i opened BCP's package today and got some material to read.
    Dh and me found out that there are n no of side effects and risks with that. Hence we are planning not to take until we chk all these risks with my GYN.

18th we have GYN appt.. will chk that time with her..

Any ladies - taking BCP's for avoiding preg? let me know..

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

No idea about the pills but if you plan to stop breastfeeding/pumping then "Nuvaring" might be an option to consider (You cannot use Nuvaring whileb reastfeeding). I used nuvaring before I got pregnant. It was very convenient for me.

5. AnithaPartha

Sudha,

I stopped bf ing a week ago. Hence dr suggested bcp for me. But me & dh are not comfy. Currently, in order to avoid preg for atleast 3-4yrs, hus is planning to use C's. But we read that C's also can cause preg upto 14%

What is nuvaring? Is it useful? Is it a fixed one by dr or done by ourself?

I will also try to learn from internet..

Adding - I read something about this ring in net.. it says ring may fall down/come out when constipated.. am always prone to constipation.. during bowel movement also it may fall out it says.. how it was for you?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  6. msjuju

msjuju New IL'ite

is copper-t have side effects

hi i have a boy baby 5months old.i got my periods this month.i asked doc about safe sex methods. she suggested copper-t .does any one tired it.is it safe?wat are the side effects?is it painful during insertion?can we do regular exercise like yoga,gym,aerobics ?plz help me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Re: is copper-t have side effects

I have got copper T , I dint have any side effects... I excise as usual. I just feels weird couple of days when you hav sex, but once in plc you dnt feel a thing... n one less thing to worry n my first period was very light, so yeah !!

pain common we gave birth ... do u think anything can beat that:rotfl

8. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

is anyone aware of someone who has a child and who delivered after removing the IUD? I mean I want to make sure fertility returns to normal once IUD is removed.

also, are there any natural contraceptives?? I was on pills, but my friends told me that they are not at all good in the long run, so am thinking of other contraceptive options..my baby is 10 months old

9. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

guess its been long since anyone responded - so will put my experience here.

dd is 21 months now. my dr suggested iucd/copper-t/loop to avoid pregnancy for sometime. i got it put in may 2010 and till date touchwood - all is well with me.

its such a blessing and tension free we have IC as both dh and i hate using C's. so overall im very happy with this arrangement. we have not yet decided or thought about 2nd child.. so for the time being im so relieved.

about side effects after removing - again nothing! my own sister had put loop after 1st baby. and after 4 yrs had her second one - no effects at all. then she went for tying the tubes. even i plan to do that if and when i have my 2nd child.

until then - im on copper t thing. its for 3 and 5 yrs. i went for 3 yrs. will decide if i want to extend after 3 yrs... lets see. but basically my vote for those who plan to have more babies - fgo for iucd.

those who dont want any more children - tie your tubes..

good luck!

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am planning on going for IUD ladies. Can anyone who have got this done tell me a little more about this procedure? I am nervous. Also, does this protect us 100% from accidental pregnancies?