1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions for buying A Mattress in India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by pihu123, Aug 14, 2014.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are Planning to buy a new mattress in India. Can anyone suggest me any good mattess to buy which will be firm . I do have back pain . We want a mattress which will produce no heat.Which brand mattress will be good? please give few suggestions? Which Brand and which type?

2. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

OMG dear OP please be very careful while buying Mattress in India, recently I bought one investing 37K for a King Size mattress and it just ruined my Sleep!

My suggesting after a good research:
    1. Go for a 6 inch or more size
    2. When you go and see the Models trying lying yourself on the Mattress to check the comfortness, dont feel shy here, most of the vendors do encourage this in their showrooms.
    3. Ask for a Combination of Coir with Memory Foam technology, Memory Foam adjusts to your body easily. We can use the Firm side of Coir as well as the Soft side of the Memory Foam, both are suggested for back pain.
    4. Go for a 3inch memory foam model on the top of Coir

3. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks roses99 for your reply.....I am very much confused which mattress to purchase as everywhere the showroom vendors try to tell wrong things to the customers so that their product will be sold out..and we will suffer later on with lots of back pain...I will definitely consider your suggestion and go ahead...

If anyone of ILs do have any experience with this then please share here....Thanks