1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions: 1 kg weight loss per a week

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pranavi13, Feb 8, 2016.

1. pranavi13

pranavi13 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I need all your suggestions. Could you please help to review my current exercise routine and diet plan and suggest me any changes/additions in both exercise and diet plan which will help me to reduce 1 kg weight per a week.

I am overweight by 14-15 kgs than my ideal weight and now I desperately want to reduce and reach my ideal weight. I have slight thyroid and PCOD issue.

My current weight : 71Kgs
    Height : 5 ft 2 inch
    Target weight : 57 kgs

I am trying to conceive from almost 8 months, but didn't work out...:(...may be due to PCOD or overweight.

I want to go back to normal weight and simultaneously trying to conceive....

Pls ladies help me out and pour your suggestions.

My work routine:

1. Started with Yoga , esp Surya namaskar...I do 45 sets of surya namaskar every day and little stretching exercises.

2. If possible and time permits, atleast thrice in a week I try to LS walk 3 mile.

My doubt: Does only Surya namaskar help to reduce weight??

Suggest me any changes/additions to above exercise routine for weightloss.

My Diet (Even though I was not very strict on diet. Once in a while I have slippages due to temptation to wards sweets and chocolates......:(..)

Morning:

normal breakfast : 2 idly/1 dosa/upma etc in limited quantity
    mid morning: any fruit (apple/grapes/orange etc)
    Afternoon : 2 roti + curry
    evening : veg salad/sprouts salad etc
    night : broken wheat (Dahliya) kichidi with veggies or Moong dal+Lauki soup ...
    Daily due to sweet tooth, I take 4-5 dates or kismis or handful of groundnuts

But atleast once in a week, my diet plan goes for a toss , by either eating sweet/chocolate or outside food....I am trying max to avoid, but i have to control myself...:(

Does eating lot of wheat(as i take roti and broken wheat every day) not help for weightloss. I read somewhere that wheat converts directly in to sugar and doesnt help for weightloss. If so, please suggest some alternate lunch and dinner ideas....

Thanks in advance......:)

2. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

May be your body is used to this routine...change your exercise perhaps, it might help..

3. Maggilg

Maggilg Senior IL'ite

Hello,

First of all if u are having a sedentary lifestyle you still need 1400-1500 cal a day for your body to perform it's daily metabolism.

Try to include more vegetables and fruits. Make curries with very less oil. Try to include healthy fat instead of regular oil. Dates and groundnuts are good but dates are rich in sugar and groundnuts are rich in fat. Limit the amount of salt.

Have a healthy breakfast. How can you survive on 2 idlies or one dosa ??? Instead of having idly,dosa with lot of chutney everyday try to have oats on alternative days.
    For lunch have 1 or 2 small chapatis with lots of vegetables. And have dinner at least 2 hrs before sleep. Make sure you are eating wide range of vegetables and fruits and not repeating the same every other day. In between lunch have fruits and sprouts. Try to cut down the sweet treats if you can't resist eat and sweat it out double.

You cant achieve a good weight loss if you just reduce the food intake. Try to do cardio and strength/toning excercises. Start by doing brisk walking for an hour at least 5 times a day and as you go further do some low impact cardio exercise (search YouTube for fitness blender low impact cardio they have many useful and different types of workout) and try to do strength and toning exercise. Cardio helps with burning lot of calories and toning exercise will help replace fat by muscle. Also if you have recently started the process of wt loss u can see difference only after 4-6 weeks.

There are apps that help u to calculate the calorie intake and calorie you spent by exercise and daily activities. Try to use them.

p.s im not a expert. It's from personal experience.

4. Jacky

Jacky New IL'ite

Eat a good breakfast and small healthy snacks like apple or green tea(without sugar) every two hours.This will boost metabolism.Have dinner around 6pm and nothing else.(this really worked for me).If you must eat something at family dinner time after your 6pm dinner,have a small bowl of salad.

5. PLK

PLK Silver IL'ite

Try to do cardio and strength/toning excercises. Start by doing brisk walking for an hour at least 5 times a day and as you go further do some low impact cardio exercise (search YouTube for fitness blender low impact cardio they have many useful and different types of workout) and try to do strength and toning exercise. Cardio helps with burning lot of calories and toning exercise will help replace fat by muscle. Also if you have recently started the process of wt loss u can see difference only after 4-6 weeks. .[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 5 hours a weeek? 5 hours a day will be too much...