Need suggestion in deciding my place of delivery.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by friends2b, May 14, 2008.

1. friends2b

friends2b New IL'ite

Hi,

I am pregnant with my first kid and entering 7th month and I am in a dilemma as to where I should be during my pregnancy, since I dont know what to expect during and after delivery. I have two options:

a. To stay in Mumbai, where my husband is working. He wants me to be here because he feels the medical services that I will get here will be better than what I will get in Bokaro, my mom's place. And that way, even he can be with me during the delivery.

b. To go to my mom's place, Bokaro. This way my mom can be with me and can take care of everything without her worrying about anything as she is aware of the place and moreover she can give her full attention. Otherwise, if she comes to Mumbai, she will be able to come here for sometime only. So, for her, time aswell as resources will be the constraint.

Everyone tells me to do what I want but I am not able to decide. I want you people to please give your valuable inputs.

Thanks.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

My advice to you would be to deliver in Mumbai, so you can have your husband with you and your mom can visit you. Ofcourse, after the delivery you can always go back with your mom for rest and relaxation.

3. Vini K

Vini K Bronze IL'ite

I would agree with the previous poster..You can have your delivery in Mumbai, with your mother also there, and after a month or so,you can go with your mother to Bokaro.I did the same thing-I had my daughter in US but my mother was not able to come.so when she was 2 months old,I went and stayed with my mother for 3 months.Hope this helps you decide..goodluck

4. friends2b

friends2b New IL'ite

Thnx ars and Vini K. I hope its gonna help me think and decide better. It helps to get n advice from someone experienced.