1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestion: First Night Gift for Wife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by beach, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Don't mind, but which state do you belong to? Except for my mom, I haven't heard about this gift custom from anyone around me. It was a custom in my community and then it just disappeared. I heard an interesting anecdote about it but that was it. I am really curious and surprised that it is still there.

2. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Hi, if the mention in the post was for me, I am from karnataka, we do not have this custom. But being from karnataka does not mandate the custom:) but I was not aware too, on this custom until my friends asked Wat did you gift your wife? :)

3. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Well did not realise that the word custom was used thrice in the previous post, looks a bit awkward while reading it :)

4. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

So just like that you wanted to gift her on the first night? That must have been really memorable for your wife and you as well. Good for your friends to have asked that question. Usually friends will brag about what their wives have to bring, your friends at least led you in the right direction.

5. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Well I am bit different here:), don't like to associate memories with tangible gifts, the most precious thing you can gift is the finest moment you live with your heart and soul with your partner for life:)

6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Depends on ur fiancé s likes n dislikes...If she is a simple down to earth girl she may like a watch, accessories, stuffed toy, dress, dress material, chocolates, gift vouchers etc..
    If she is the bookish type how about a romance novel ?
    U know her best so decide accordingly.

MaruthiRao likes this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

How about writing a poem or something along the lines of :

A) Will try my best to be a good husband along with or followed by being a good beta.
    B) will love you even when you are at your worst ( PMS, menopausal, oily hair, in a tattered nightie, had too much chole for dinner, rolling your eyes at my mom or whatever else)
    C) will do dishes and laundry ( chaddi included) , even when mamma bear is visiting our jungle
    D) Will change diapers even if the cute little monster has had lots of spinach and green peas for dinner the previous day
    Be a brave knight on the first night !

MaruthiRao, Sunshine04 and Naari like this.
  8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@Sandycandy haha good one, but this assumes they (both Dh & Dw) know what the IL- Dil saga entails for them. You actually have zero clue of the storm that's coming on the first night :tonguewink: what say?:wink:

Sandycandy and Sunshine04 like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

eh ? an old thread suddenly goes hump(sic!) in the night? :tonguewink:.

Considering this thread started in 2010, that man would be having the 7th year itch right about now.

(Especially) If the event is to be in the tropics, both the bride and groom could thoroughly scrub, and clean themselves in hot showers, sit in AC or in front of a pedestal fan for a while, use whatever it takes to eliminate their BO's and then "present" themselves to each other in simple gift wraps.

Sandycandy likes this.
  10. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Nonya, it's a great excuse to ask for a gift from Dh telling him this is the new trend & apparently I didn't get any:tongueclosed:

Sorry but what you mentioned doesn't count as gift, that's a right after marriage!! A sweet right though ;)

Sandycandy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.