1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need some Ideas.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Renu1999, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

HI, we have some property (land ) in India . and all the proper documents is with my FIL. My husband believes his father like anything. Last time when I was talking to my Mil she said her son (my husbands younger brother) needs some loan to buy car but he already has some loan. so he can use this land document to get loan. I was so afraid from that . My husband always gives too much authority to his father. and his father always like to take so much responsibility.
    Now I am really afraid that they may use that documents for something else. I cannot go and ask them straight at their face (even if it is my fa I would ask him) and my husband wont like it and he will never ask him for those documents as we dont need it now for anything. BUt I wanted to make sure it is safe. please give me some ideas to get it from them. can you think of any reasons to tell them .......plz???

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2009

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Renu,

I don't know what you can and you can't do with your husband family.But I beleive in your case,if you don't have support from your husband,it's very hard to do.
    You just need to let it go and stay peacefully.Don't worry too much on it.If is your husband is cooperative you can do something otherwise it's just like you are harming your own family.If you do anything then you loose peace in your home house.
    If you get other advised here that's fine.Otherwise just let it be and if something happend then it's lesson for your husband and he will be careful in future.People need to learn lessons to understand the things.

3. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

thanks priya for your response.
    People need to learn lessons to understand the things. I dont want this to happen .Life is so short to learn lessons and Learning lessons wont help I want to act now. If I can get some valid ideas I could push my husband to do that.
    For now I can only think of one thing we need it for tax purpose. BUt they know very well that we can't claim it here for income tax purpose.....

4. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Renu,

My 2 cents..

Never go back on issues already done and arrangements already made with the in laws.You cant be ready for the backlash.So whatever has been done just let it be (i know v easy to say but hard to do).From now on be careful with all the dealings and plan v thoroughly before letting anybody in the loop.But as a well wisher my advice dont stir the peace by raking about old arrangements.They wont go anywhere.The things will remain the same (in fil's control,him making use of it and stuff).You will only get a bad name and they will get proof of you being bad (by questioning their intention about their son's property) to showcase to the world.
    Just stay out of it.

suji

5. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priya16,

We have given similar advice i am so surprised!!!

suji

6. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I would not touch that topic but would ask DH to get a house or flat and put this land document as a mortgage there and safeguard it. So that others cant misuse it.
    Talk to ur DH about buying another investment property and dont ever mention the above issue running in your mind.

7. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

thanks rose girl,
    ""so he can use this land document to get loan"" after hearing this I feel so restless. I dont know why I am so paranoid about it. but my husband never seems to bother about this statement.

8. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Renu,

Again for any idea, your husband only can do that.

But he should able to answer all their questions and shouldn't tell that my wife wanted to do this. If they get this one then they eventually harm your own peace.

Suppose if you are in your husband position, would that be ok with your to keep your property with your parents?

Yes you can get loan from ICICI banks by keeping those documents don't know how the scenario now in India after the Wall Street crisis. Earlier people would able to do it. Plan to do buy some land (since because of low economy you can get good deals) then put the papers in bank and get some loan. You don't have to put papers in bank also to get loan (since you are employed, they only ask employment proof).Only people who don't have any study income would get loan by keeping the property document.

I don't know enough details of it. But whatever you tell, people live in India will have more knowledge and they will tell you some other thing.
    Do you have any worry that, you don't get that land? In that case you need to sincerely tell your husband you want to keep those documents with you since you are worried about your kids future.

From my own experience,this is what my understanding.

Suppose if you get your parents back,then your in-laws some other way start asking you guys for more and more money as they were unahppy with your decision.Eventually they will emotionally backmail your husband saying he is not taking care of them and do all kind of dramas.

9. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Renu,
    Dont worry ... look in Real Estate India-India Property-Indian Properties- Property in India-Makaan.com and 99Acres.com - Residential Real Estate Property - Residential Apartments India - Independent House Flats Villa Residential Land - Buy Book - Residential Listings India, there are a lot of real estate listings in India. You can browse through with your husband and tell your parents or inlaws to go see them. Then place these documents as mortgage and get a loan and purchase the new property.

Talk and Act sensibly. Dont ever voice your concerns at this point and wait patiently to safeguard your property.

10. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Priya,

I don't understand. She isn't talking about her parents at all, is she? Just confused, sorry.