need some direction

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by meonly, Aug 26, 2007.

1. meonly

meonly New IL'ite

By chance i found this wesite and i find this website amazing,feels like as if i have somebody to share my internal dilemma and confusion.I have done B.Tect. in computer science and engineering ,I am married for the last five years and have a 2 year daughter to take care of.I have been working prior to having my daughter,but i never had a very pleasent experience ,i always used to get tired early.But after having my daughter i am just staying at home to look after her..I have been reading quite some posts and i just wonder how these females manage all the things..its amazing really.Now staying at home is getting frustrating now,as my daughter is a bit grown up and i feel the need to do things on my own,and to have a career of my own.
    .Now I have certain questions in my mind.

My main concern is my daughter..she is a very fussy eater and stays on the border line(weight wise),she is not drinking milk..and i put a lot of efforts to feed her.I feel if i go for work,nobody will do that for her..and she will stay hungry..well i dont know whether i am overacting,but thats my situation so far..is there anybody who feels same??has anybody experienced similar problem????

2. After staying at home for so many years(nearly 3) ,i seem to have forgotton everything..i dont know where to start??I am 27 and had been working for 2 jobs before this..but i dont have good command in anything..What is the best platform to start with(in software)????and really i dont have the confidence to do programming,i think i cant do it.......
    I dont know how to get started..Can anybody help me with this????????

Thanx in advance,

2. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Dear Meonly,

I can suggest u for your first question coz even i faced the same problem when my son was 2 yr old who is now 4. he would not like to eat anything.
    so wht i did was first would not force him to eat anything ,would just leave him until he would feel hungry and then he would start coming to me and looking here and there and i would u'stand tht he is hungry and would give him something to eat and then he would eat it..
    then slowly i tried to involve him too when i was cooking something and would talk to him abt the vegetables and would ask him to help me with the washing and preparing of things, he loved it and then when i would serve him the he used to eat it, I still practise this. Now my son likes to roll the chapatis by himself, and helps me with the cooking....:)

hope this is helpful for u...
    regds.

3. meonly

meonly New IL'ite

Hi dear,
    Thank you so much for your reply,i find your answer really help full espacially the second way,trying to involve kid in cooking..Thank you very much once again..[​IMG]
    regards

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Same pinch Rajjo,
    Even my son is 4 1/2 years old, and I involve him in the kitchen. He enjoys like anything. He rolls the chapathies by himself, he doesn't even allow to me touch. When the chapathies are cooked, I tell my husband that these chapathies are made by him. My son feels proud, happy & eats well.

And Meonly,
    Don't worry, I think 2 year is bit early. My son was a poor eater, when he was 2, 3 years. Only recently he has picked up. And as Rajjo mentioned, when they are hungry they would come by themselves. Why don't you allow your daughter to do something. Like allowing her to mix the horlicks/bournvita to the milk by herself. And tell her that she prepared herself. Kids feel like they've achieved something great. One other example, me and my son, we like to play restaurant game. He will be customer and I will be supplier/waiter. I give him some card (like menu card) and he has to choose. I say things like would you like to have more sir? and stuff's like that. Basically some FUN to be input in which ever form you can. And I feel, Kids tend to eat when they see other kids eating. I mean, If you are leaving her in the day care she would start looking around the other kids and eat. But do not expect this to happen soon. She needs time.

Regarding your career, be confident and keep the fingers crossed. Iam sure our iLite's would help you more in SW programming start.

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes like our fellow ILites have suggested leave your daughter, let her come to you when she is hungry. But the main thing is keep things ready and when she is really hungry, she will get it immediatly; dont take time to cook after you see her hungry, she will loose her appetitie. Also avoid giving her lots of biscuits, snacks etc.

Regarding your career, there are lots of improvements in the software field, so go to the web and search for the latest developments and learn them. Keep looking out for the various options and post your resume online. Keep improving yourself personally.

ALL THE BEST

6. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Meonly,
    About your career, you have not mentioned what have you done on your previous jobs (is it software pragramming & on which platform). Dont worry that you have forgotten eveything since it is very common when you are having a long gap. i am sure that once you start again, it will be as normal as before.

Sravanthi