1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need some clarifications - Moving to New York

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Asw, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Asw

Asw Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

My husband is working in NewYork. I have been working till last year and left job recently. Me and my 4 yr old son are planning to move there in the end of February. I need some clarification on the below things.

1. I have sinus and I get cold easily. Can I buy all medicines here. My husband said people get affected by flu easily there. How will be the climate there at that time. Will it be tolerable. Is there any precautionary steps to take to escape from the cold.

2. I am going on h4 and have to sit at home all days atleast for the first two months till we get settled with he climate and place. Will it be really very boring to sit all time inside the house.

3. My husband said he would come and take us there. What things can he buy before we come for us. For eg. jerkins..

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

1) If you are taking prescription medicines, get a good supply from India. Travel with the written prescription in case you are asked at the airport. Here you can buy Tylenol etc yourself, but you will need prescriptions for antibiotics and a lot of other medicines.
    2) Winters are very cold and often rainy/snowy. Good winter clothes are a must. It is better to buy them in the US. You can get sweaters from India but make sure they are washable. Dry cleaning can be expensive.
    3) If there is public transport where you live, you can go out to the library or to explore New York City. Taking up a hobby will help you spend time.

2 people like this.
  3. Asw

Asw Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your tips and ideas malstrom..