1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need Room decorating ideas

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by diana, Oct 7, 2007.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,

Saw your mail. vaccum cleaner is the best one to remove dust from the carpet. But you dont like it.:confused:

So Why dont you put 'mesh' for your windows atleast in the room in which you are having your carpet. So that you can dust the mesh by removing it and wash with soap water. I think this will help you.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sudha,

If you dont want to vacuum clean, try to get professional help to clean the carpet. they do carpet shampooing. and this is the best way. to clean..

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Krishnamma,

I have put a fine mesh. but you have to see the black sooty dust that collects inside the house.. you have to dust almost everyother day...inspite of us being inside from the main roads....

i hear the same complaints from lot of other friends....

4. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hello krishnamma & shanvy,

Thank u very much for u r valuable suggestion. I take u r advises and follow them.

Love

:waveSudha Batni...

5. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

I found this information on carpets, thought it might be of some help to you. It is mostly for homes in India.

Carpet Care: Roll away that expensive Persian carpet for the monsoon. Ensure that once rolled, the carpet is covered in a plastic sheet. This will reduce the chances of moisture or accidental leakages damaging the carpet.

Invest in a bright, multi-coloured machine made acrylic washable carpet. These are light carpets and will dry faster than a Persian carpet if it gets wet. A more water-resistant option is a carpet made out of PET fibres. These are polyethylene and terephthalate fibres, made from recycled plastics. These carpets may not be as plush or soft to the feel as other synthetic fibres but they are very durable, water, static resistant, and offer extremely good value. They are also treated to be moisture and mildew resistant.

A cheaper alternative to this would be a decorative bamboo or coir mat.

Diana

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi,

what you are saying is correct. we have to dust regularly the mesh. But we are dusting only the mesh and we are avoiding the dust from all other items we are having in the house. Is it not? It is easy to dust the mesh only. In Madipakkam I used to do like that. I will remove and wash the mesh weekly so that it will be easy to keep clean the whole house without dust.:-D

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

krishnamma,

Madipakkam area is now too tooo horrible. with the road work going...every other day dusting also is not enough...:bang

8. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Diana,

Here are a few suggestions to instantly liven up your bedroom.

Go for a color co-ordinated look. For example if you like green, then find a bedspread that is green in color. Buy some curtains that match the bed spread. Find a painting that is colorful with predominantly green color in it that goes with the bedspread and the curtains. Install the painting in a nice frame ( I like the light weight bronze/silverish kinds) and put it on the wall above the bed. I am attaching a picture as an example. It could be one big painting or 2 or 3 small matching ones (like in the picture).

You can install a nice fern/palm plant in one corner of the room. A nice table lamp (maybe cream in color?) next to the bed to provide extra lighting. Maybe a small water fountain? (pic attached).

For walls, I would go for a wall plaque, maybe black in color. Am attaching a pic so as to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Or maybe a tapestry even. It will bring color to the walls.

If you have windows in the room, go for some color co-ordinated curtains for them.

Instead of green color, you can even do rust shade or maroon and make sure that the bedspread, curtains and at least one wall decor item complements the color palette.

On the floor I would take a dhuri like rug and put it on the floor in front of the bed. That also will look nice.

Hope this helps.:)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I couldn't attach more than 5 pix in one post, so am attaching a pic of the bedspread and rug in this one.:)

The cream and green bedspread, curtains, a matching painting on wall above the bed, a matching rug on the floor will bring the whole room together.:)

Aarushi

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  10. piu

piu New IL'ite

wow Aarushi I got some helpful idea by u for my bedroom decorating ...thank u........:-D