1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Need Room decorating ideas

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by diana, Oct 7, 2007.

1. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

Compared to the salary offered here in Kuwait, it is very difficult to manage with 2 kids, as the rent of flats and school fees are too expensive. Thus we were not able to own a complete flat. At present, we have occupied one bedroom of a 2BHK flat with an indian family.

As our house in confined in our room, like the hall and bedroom is included in our one room, pls help in decorating it as i have no much knowledge in interiors. Our room is quiet spacious and the walls are bare. Some advice for decorating the walls too, besides photos.

Can you friends give me some ideas as to how i can get my room decorated and make it look pleasant. We may live here for another year and half till we are able to own a flat ourself.

Any advise????

Gratefully yours,

Diana:-D

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi diana,

If you do not want to add more photos..you could get a vibrant colourful gujarathi wall hanging...the next time you are in india...

you get good colour ful wall hangings...the dhurry material.

you could use a colourful fan a bigger one ...that are available in most chinese shops...... (which i think would be available in kuwait- maybe cost 3-4kd)

you can just put lot of flowers.. you can put some colour ful posters on the doors...even flowers on the doors...

for example...i

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi diana,
    You can paste stick on flowers or any cartoon characters like Micky Tweety etc., as per your wish. For room corners, you can paste greetings. First combain all greeting cards with one another like a chain. Then paste the first card on the top corner of the room. So it will hang nicely in the corner. Here I am attching a photo of back side of my kitchen shelf, which we made like a partition.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  4. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

Thanks, the other things i understood, except the dhury material-wall hangings, could u explain or show picture to get a better idea.

Thanks again

Diana

5. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Krishnaamma,

But i did not receive the attached photo, can u resend.

Diana

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi diana,

It is either jute/cotton...done in parts of india...dhurry is the carpet/that is commonly used in india..as the other carpet cannot be maintained.
    You can get custom made ones also.

I am attaching one or two of these for an idea....Thes are either from cotton or jute...and all of them are wall hangings....

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  7. Tweety

Tweety Bronze IL'ite

Hi Diana

You can use Cover decoration stickers(they are water proof, removable), a chinese product. (think u may get in Kuwait)
    You can use Sceneries, Babies, flower Wall papers coming with quotes easily available in India.
    waiting to see your room photo after decoration...
    Tweety

8. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Diana,

I dont know where it went. Past 2 days I am facing problem while typing messages to IL.:-( Let me again attach the photo here.

Attached Files:

• dall.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
      Views:
  9. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi krishnamma & shanvy

Today I had been u r thread reg ideas for room decoration . U both gave fabulous ideas. I also took u r advises. I need one suggestion from any one. I stay in 6th floor apt in Mumbai. The ventilation & air is so good but the problemis that daily i get so much of dust and needs dusting daily. Most of the dust accumulates on the carpet.I am so fed up with carpet which is very big one and also needs other help for dusting. I don't prefer any vaccum cleaners. Pl any one suggest me how to clean the carpet and keep it neatly coz it would not be possible to wash. Pl need advise. Early reply is expected

:waveBye
    With Love,
    Sudha Batni.......

10. sudhabatni

sudhabatni Bronze IL'ite

Hi krishnamma & shanvy

Today I had been u r thread reg ideas for room decoration . U both gave fabulous ideas. I also took u r advises. I need one suggestion from any one. I stay in 6th floor apt in Mumbai. The ventilation & air is so good but the problemis that daily i get so much of dust and needs dusting daily. Most of the dust accumulates on the carpet.I am so fed up with carpet which is very big one and also needs other help for dusting. I don't prefer any vaccum cleaners. Pl any one suggest me how to clean the carpet and keep it neatly coz it would not be possible to wash. Pl need advise. Early reply is expected

:waveBye
    With Love,
    Sudha Batni.......