1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need response .. its urgent

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mahiramki, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mahiramki

mahiramki Gold IL'ite

my 7 months old baby is facing difficulty while passing stool.
    i have recently started giving her cerelac rice . till six months she was on breast feed . and now lactogen formula milk.
    please help me with home remidies

2. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

sometimes kids have this problem when they start eating food, a simple remedy i used to do for my DD is if u know MUNNAKA,its a type of raisin, very easily available in indian groceries...it is little bigger than regular kishmish[raisin] and brown in color, dont take black currants ....soak it in hot water after washing for 2-3 hrs and then mash it in that water,sieve it and make little warm and give it your baby.....u can give 2-3 times.
    its a very very effective remedy for constipation for kids and for adults too., when ur baby is 1 yr old u can give milk in which u boil munnaka...adults can also take milk boiled with this...many must not be knowing the advantages of munnaka.it is good for anaemic people too...in fever too as this regains ur energy... good for pregnant ladies but after 3 mths...nothing better than this for ladies who have low blood count in pregnancy... it has no side effects at all and purifies the blood too.
    i used to give this to my dd daily whether she had constipation or not.
    u can give boiled green moong water also to ur baby.that is also very good.
    thanks
    sorry for the long post.

3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

a sureshot method is to give her diluted prune juice or a spoon or two of prune puree....
    the raisin water is okay too, just that its not as effective...if ur baby is badly constipated. however once she poops make it a regular to give her raisin soaked water, few spoons every morning.in addition you have started formula too, which is notorious wen it comes to bowel movements, introducing two new things is taxing her body, and hence the stools,
    did u switch her to formula altogether?wen we started formula it was gradual from mixing formula with breastmilk, graduating it to 1 feed and over a course of a month getting her onto formula completely.
    pls change wat u are giving her maybe cerelac rice isnt a good choice, give her high fiber fruits /veggie purees instead, thats wat we did

4. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Do veggie/fruit purees, in place of cerelac.
    Prune juice.
    Those big type raisins, soaked, strained water.
    Lots of water in between solids and formula intake. Do not dilute formula, but mix breast milk with formula, if you can. :my2cents