1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need perspective

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Alildream, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

I am 8 months pregnant and dh and I had decided to not reveal our baby's gender. We did not tell anyone but since my parents will come to help with the delivery we thought we should reveal to them. We decided to reveal our baby's gender to my parents and pils(as it was only fair) so 2 weeks ago we told them. Now I have learnt that my mil has told my sil about the baby's gender....I haven't told my own sister nor have my parents. I know soon everyone will know but I just hate it that mil is telling people rather than us! Am I hormonal and over reacting? I just feel there should be some boundaries...I am feeling so upset. Dh thinks it's not a big deal but I am not comfortable with mil calling and revealing our baby's gender without asking us first...

2. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

maybe u can tell her not to inform anymore people as u wanted to keep it as surprise and only told the parents side?
    when i was expecting, we didnt tell anyone including my mother and my siblings.

1 person likes this.
  3. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

What difference does it make now? She has already told people!!! Besides she has a track record of telling people stuff we tell her specifically to keep it to herself...
    I just want to know if I am over reacting???

1 person likes this.
  4. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I think you are bit over reacting. In another two months everyone is going to know. No matter what you tell, MIL is going to broadcast it. Knowing your MIL, you could have just kept it yourself.Just relax.

1 person likes this.
  5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

i think you are bit a overacting.

1 person likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Op.Hormonal and overreacting dear.
    Your husband is right. Somethings are difficult to keep to oneself.This is one of those things. You should not have told them.

3 people like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Also, the gender of the baby really doesn't matter much to other people so much as it does to parents. What are they going to do with it? It is just s bit of extra information about the child who is going to be loved no matter what by friends and relatives. So, chill Nd enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Go on! Tell the world! And enjoy it.

3 people like this.
  8. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

The same thing had happened with one of my cousins. I understand it feels as if somebody took your right. But it's ok. You really can't do about it now. What my cousin had done was, on naming ceremony, she had written her baby's name on a board and covered it with curtains. Nobody knew the until she removed the curtains. You all can do something like this to surprise people. Good luck :)

2 people like this.
  9. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

friendssmiley Thank you ladies!!! You guys are awesome! I was a little overwhelmed yesterday and a little voice in my head said I was over reacting but I got all stupid, teary and emotional...quite embarrassed thinking about it now really!! :oops:
    I just needed someone neutral to say that I was being hormonal so I could go to sleep (have I completely lost it???!!!!) but it somehow worked and I slept peacefully after reading some of the early responses! Yes, I agree completely this is such a stupid non-issue not worth feeling bad about or crying (stupid hormones....shoo! Go away notdonesmiley)
    Thanks for taking the time out to respond to my silly rant...you ladies rock!!

2 people like this.