1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need Mixie and/or wet grinder

Discussion in 'Indians in Boston' started by gvart, Aug 9, 2012.

1. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    I live in NJ and my friend is moving to Boston. She needs mixie and a wet grinder. We are looking out for used ones too.
    Please reply here if u have one....

Gayathri

2. swahini

swahini Senior IL'ite

This is really old thread but I am responding, in case if anybody has a same question. I presume the heaviest stuff that we can do on it is idli batter or something similar.

I got $20 cheap Oster from Kohl's and it worked for 2 years, took pretty good torture before the rubber gasket loosened up. The gasket itself costs something like $10, so it is lying in the garage. But if you want the best results, just like Sumeet or something in India, then nothing beats Vitamix. It is expensive but it is a great investment. If you have Costco membership then Vitamix guys show up at least 2 to 3X a year to give demo. They also carry old products (i.e. old out-dated designs, but still brand new). These are sold about $100 or so less than their regular price.

Finally, the choice is yours, either get few $20 over the period of times or get one Vitamix and be done with it.