Need local contact in Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by biswajitbanerjee, Apr 13, 2007.

1. biswajitbanerjee

biswajitbanerjee New IL'ite

hello Sudha,

It's very kind of you to reply to my post with specific answers to my querries.
    Let me admit first that I am not too sure I know how to post in Europe Forum or make a private posting. So I am replying through the " Quote and reply" button.

Its very nice of you to suggest good indian Retaurants around Haupt Bahnhof,
    but frankly I am looking forward to some good "wurst" and "Schwine schnitzel mit Bratkartofeln und Butter rice".

Sudha, I have a hunch that you may be personally a vegetarian and I dont intend to hurt your sensitivities but we are non Veg like most of Bengalies, and I use to be very fond of the Brot and Wurst combination they served at " Eine Mark, Zen" near the Stuttgart Haupt Bahnhof. Things must have changed since then but still I nourish a hidden wish to re-live my old days of late 60 s in these 3 days and show off to my old wife.

We have got a "2 bed private" ( having an attached toilet) accommodation in Frankfurt - Hostel, Kaiserstrasse 74, for 50 Euros per room per night.
    we would love to ereceive any tips for a little cheaper possibility.

Please let me know what do I do to post this message in Europe forum.

Thanks

Biswajit banerjee

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Re: Stay in Frankfurt

Dear Mr. Bannerjee,

I really don't know of the hostel accomodation costs etc. You can try on the net for hotels , i have heard they cost as less as 30 euros, near that area....maybe they are single rooms. will try to get some more info soon. Yeah its good that u r non veg and would like to enjoy german food.....there area lot more eat outs in that area and has become very congested.

3. biswajitbanerjee

local contact at Frankfurt

Hi,

As I have already posted at other forums , We ( I and my wife) are planning to visit Frankfurt between 18th and 21 June '07 for three nights and 4 days, on our way to Boston.

We are old and a quite un-interesting couple ( 64 male and 56 female) and not any more the type to paint the town red. Still we would like to make this trip memorable. We are looking forward to obtain a local contact from any willing and friendly person or family whom we could say hello to , personally, and who might guide us about " Was macht man" and " Was macht man nicht".

We have not made any booking for accommodation as yet but we would prefer to stay near the Hauptbahnhof. We are looking for some place at around 40 Euros per night for two of us.

Awaiting replies and thanking all

Biswajit and chaity Banerjee

4. gayatrijp

gayatrijp New IL'ite

Hello,

Are u still at frankfurt? Please let me know.

Thanks
    gayatri

5. biswajitbanerjee

Hi Gayatri,
    Its strange and marvellous to read your insert. We visited frankfurt in July 2007 and stayed in youth hostel opposite Haupt Bahnhof for three memorable nights. We visited Heidelberg and strayed around Frankfurt generally during the days.
    We are again planning to stay for a few days (3 or 4) in Germany this year and have a desire to visit Stuttgart in this occasion. We have to fly via Fankfurt of course!
    Last time 2 kindly ladies from Frankfurt had assured us of meeting us in the Youth Hostel, but strangely they didn't turn up.
    However, we managed on our own and it was not too bad either. Though a little more tips about where to go and what to eat could have been very useful. All restaurants around Frankfurt Haupt Bahnhof were American or Italian fast food joints and we preffered to have the good old Deutsche Cuisine.
    Our likely dates for arrival in Frankfurt this year is end june or July 1st week '09.
    If its not inconvenient for you, we shall be delighted to meet you while we are there.
    thanks
    Bisajit and Chaity

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi gayathri,
    I am still in Dramstadt that is south of Frankfurt. Where do you live in frankfurt....have you made good contacts?