Need Job Guidance in Dubai

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by nams27may, Aug 22, 2008.

1. highwaystar

highwaystar Senior IL'ite

Re: Part time job

Hi,

U can get in touch with me at hello200_in@yahoo.com.Will surely provide u with details...

Preeti.

2. shaguftatazeen

shaguftatazeen New IL'ite

Re: Part time job

hello friend i too need a job now for the past one year onwards iam a homemaker iam living in ajman can u pls give me the websites or addresses in shj i want to work from home only iam having small daughter so that and i need it pls thank u waiting for your reply have a nice day

3. Falss

Falss New IL'ite

Any Luck in Job??

Hi friends,
    I would appreciate if anyone could share their experience of getting a job recently in Dubai.
    I have been trying for sometime now but still no Luck in getting a job.Im looking in the field of customer / Helpdesk support (have 2 yrs of work experience )...
    Do let me know if anyone is aware of such current job openings with any good consultancy or company in Dubai .
    Is anyone else sailing the same boat..??

4. leelasanga

leelasanga New IL'ite

Re: job guidance

Hi Malu-abi,lavanya, I recently moved to Dubai, and looking for job. where you able to fetch the job.

cheers

5. Puribala

Puribala New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I have been through this process about a year back and thought I could give you guys some tips.
    Firstly, you need to post your resume in every site that you could possibly find that has job opportunities like Bayt, Naukri, Monster etc. I would advice you to create a new email id for this, as there is a tendency to receive unwanted and spam emails. Also, once you are placed, your normal email id would continue to get flooded with unwanted emails. I am going through this prob right now. Hence the warning!

Secondly, google a list of consultants with their phone numbers and email ids. You would easily get this information online. Be shameless and send emails to them all and call up and follow up as well.

Thirdly, contact all friends and relatives and their friends and request them to circulate your CV wherever possible. In UAE, recommendation works the most. And in all probabilities, when you end up with a job, 90% chance is due to the reco.

Fourthly, check the appointments in Gulf News everyday. And also the classifieds. The classifieds usually have smaller jobs listed, but sometimes you may be lucky.

Fifthly, be very very patient. These are tough times and seeking a job in the financial stream is even more difficult. It took me 6 months to find a good job and that too after having compromised on my job profile. But there are good jobs out there. You need to be patient and flexible. Apply to various fields where you think your skills can be used. Change your CV to suit the Job profile. Think out of the box.

Sixthly, if you need a job for visa, a free zone visa is any day a good option. So if you get a measly job with a free zone visa, consider taking the leap and continue applying till you get the perfect job as you can switch easily if you have a free zone visa.

Hope this helps. If you need any more information, feel free to ask.

Cheers and good luck!
    In the end, you just need that one job!!!

Puri.

6. Falss

Falss New IL'ite

Puri,
    Thats a wonderful guidance...truly appreciate your time n efforts...I am also in Bur Dubai and currently looking for job ... patiently waiting ... do let me know if there are any good customer service or call center openings...

Thanx

7. anjuunni

anjuunni New IL'ite

Hi Puri,
    I also appreciate ur efforts.Thank u very much!

I am also a job hunter.Dont have any experience in Gulf.I reached here in Dubai 5 months ago.From then am applying.Till now didnt get even an interview call.Sometimes i became very desperate.Dont have much friends to share.Can we make a group who are in the same situation.We can share our experiences through it...Waiting for reply..
    Anjali

8. Falss

Falss New IL'ite

Hi Anjali,
    Its a nice idea to make a group of all who are in the same situation. IL who are already working appreciate if you could help and guide us with more suggestions and links to jobs in Dubai...

9. anjuunni

anjuunni New IL'ite

Hi Falss,
    We Can start a group.What are ur qualifications and experience?Me, i have an engineeering degree...and have only 6 months experience in India.Trying for a software job.I am ok with any small job.To work in a software firm is my dream...
    regards
    Anjali

10. Puribala

Puribala New IL'ite

Dear all,

No problem at all! Hope all of you find jobs very soon. When I was in your situation I used to feel that people gave only advice but never really helped much when it came to fetching a job.
    I hope you guys don't feel that way about me :)

Sadly I cannot give away my id on IL but if anyone is interested in Market Research related job, google GfK and apply in the id mentioned on their site for UAE. They have 2 separate companies in Dubai itself.

Hope this helps!

Cheers and good luck!

Puri.