1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need insights please

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by euphoricbee, Mar 19, 2016.

1. euphoricbee

euphoricbee New IL'ite

Hi,

I was looking for some insights regarding an issue and was suggested by my friend to check this site.

Please help with your insights regarding this:

We belong to a very small community.
    Mostly marriages are arranged marriages. We have been looking for a suitable girl for my brother, but due to horoscope reasons it got delayed for long.
    Now he is almost 35 and as such the girls are very less in our community , plus adding to it the horoscopes matching issues, nothing is working and time is running.
    We decided to go about with caste no bar and horoscope no bar but don't know where to start. Some discouraged us saying matrimonial sites etc are unreliable.We tried through our friends and other contacts but nothing is working.

How to proceed with Caste no bar matrimony bride search?
    Which is the best method to do the bride search?

We also thought about finding a girl from orpahnage etc, but heard that it requires lot of legal formalities like agreement etc, appreciate your inputs regarding this.

Thankyou.

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I would suggest you to go with matrimony sites for the search. There could fake profiles but in my experience I found many are genuine.Take the minimal subscription option and give it a shot.

1 person likes this.
  3. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Try Newpapers - i know many such successful marriages.
    And Matrimonial sites work too.

Both places you have to use your judgement.

What does your brother do? I presumeit is his horoscope which has problems? so if you believe in them how can you suddenly by pass them? In papers or sites you can mention your requirements - this is done all the time. Manglik/ non manglik etc.

Do not hide facts and do not commit at the first stance. After preliminary talk you can find common friends and find out more.

It seems you are simply talking to people instead of finding out yourself like the orphanages. Try to talk to one and find out the facts yourself.

Please do not blindly listen to people, me included. someone will ALWAYS have something negative to say about everything. Go by your or rather brother's gut feeling - I suppose he has a say in the matter?

3 people like this.
  4. euphoricbee

euphoricbee New IL'ite

Thank you very much. Good see a positive feedback about the matimonial sites.Shall definitely try.

5. euphoricbee

euphoricbee New IL'ite

Thank you.
    Newspapers n matrimony sites- shall keep in mind about the descretion part.

He's a professional, yes have mentioned complete details and would do so in future too.

It is the struggle we faced in bride search that made us come to this stage of ignoring the horoscope- that is if the girl's side is willing too. Also some astrologers say the dhosam etc can be ignored if the age is beyond 30 and in the case of love marriages.

Yes, there is some inhibition pulling us from approaching the orpahanages / homes . Shall come out of it and take the first step.

My brother's stand- he is completely involved in his work and says its upto us to find a girl- and if at all he finds someone who he likes he would let us know.

Your insights are really helpful and hope things would work- would update .
    Thanks again.

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Don't listen to everybody putting in their 2 cents. Mention it to all close friends and relatives you are looking for your brother. Look in his colleagues too. 35 is not that much of an age. In some communities they start looking for girls at this age. Don't get discouraged. Don't mention horoscopes or anything. If you find the girl is good with family background go ahead if your brother agrees. I have seen many marriages which are successful without horoscope matching and many failing with it. Good Luck.

euphoricbee likes this.
  7. euphoricbee

euphoricbee New IL'ite

Thankyou chocolate
    your words give hope and I understand it is all in the way we look at things that makes it look hard or easy.
    SHall keep in mind the good pointers you have shared.
    Sorry for the delayed response.

8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

op why your brother isnt putting any efforts?After all its HIS life.He need to choose wisely his life partner.
    Online matrimonial sites do have some fake profile but 90% are real in my experience.