Need Input About Silk Saree Shops

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by satin, May 31, 2016.

1. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

There is a wedding coming up in the family and we need to purchase some silk sarees for the bride,me and for gifting as well.I used to buy only from nalli all these years but really wnated to go for a change this time.How are VRK Silks(Anna nagar) and Kalaniketan wedding mall.Is the quality as good as nalli or slightly lower than nalli? Designs I am sure would be good than Nalli,I am actually kind of bored with Nalli.Please also suggest other shops for silk saree purchase.I dont want Pothys/Kumaran/Chennai Silks as well.

Thanks

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@satin a friend in one my group has a wedding coming up so we were discussing this recently..not a silk saree fan though..give me a cotton any day.
    for the bride i would check..kanakavalli kanjeevaram, utpalaskhi, sarangee (but they are expensive..you get some very elegant ones without the too overcrowded bling too..)..even palam has some wonderful soft silks.. again it all boils down to the budget.
    How about checking co optex for the others.. there are lot of of options in the revamped co optex..

Rasi and Sundari have some nice collections too

and i though kalaniketan and vrk silk are one?? not sure where i picked that idea.

3. magician

magician Silver IL'ite

RMKV seems to be public's standard choice for weddings

Anusuya likes this.
  4. Anusuya

Anusuya Silver IL'ite

RMKV has nice collections too, u can check once.

5. Magi1986

Magi1986 New IL'ite

Hi frd,
    I know a person who making silk sarees, he is from paramakudi, he is having huge customers in chennai, if we call him he will come with silk sarees, the collections are too good and less in rate if you interested pls call me I tell his no

6. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

Thanks ladies for the input,we have finally zeroed in on RMKV for the bridal silk sarees but still I would like to know about Kalaniketan silk sarees to buy my saree to wear for the wedding.Thanks.

Shanvy Kalaniketan and VRK are different shops.Maybe you got confused because of its close proximity.