Need Information on Tourism in Orlando Florida

Discussion in 'Travel' started by PrasannaS, Dec 15, 2007.

1. PrasannaS

PrasannaS New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Hello to the group.
    This is my First Posting on the Group.

We are planning to Visit Orlando FL for four Days.
    I want to know the Places where we can Enjoy More.

I browsed and found ot places like
    1. Disney Worls Theme parks
    2. Sea worlds

I just want to kow any other info related to Orlando.
    Any places sourrounding by 100 miles is also fine :)

You advice is highly appreciated.

Bye
    PS

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

Hi Prasanna,
    Though I cannot help you...posting this to get more information from you...

How have you planned the trip....like how did you book for flight,hotel and car(if u are renting after arriving in Florida...)

Did you book online or thru travel agent?

How much its going to cost you...

I have small tip..if you google out"orlando attractions" may be you might hit on something of your interest...

have a happy and safe journey...and dont forget to post your experience after u r trip...

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

I know this is a late reply and will not help the thread starter. But still wanted to mention some info, in case some one else is looking for it.

Orlando has many theme parks.
    The best compared to other locations are Disney and Seaworld.
    Universal is much better in California than in Florida. But disney is best in Florida.

I have visited both Disney and Seaworld. I prefer to stay close to the park entrances to avoid traffic. Kissimmee is best location for hotels to Disney.

In Disney, irrespective of whether you are visiting with kids or not, I prefer Magic kingdom (1), Hollywood studios (2) and if you are interested in educational stuff Epcot center. If you have toddlers who enjoy animals only then I would say go to Animal Kingdom. Else to an adult like me its more like visiting a zoo. I would devote one day for each, else you will find yourself running around from show to show and enjoy less.

Order a video and maps fro all these parks for free. Mark what you like. See only what you like most nistead of coveering everything. Magic Kingdom is huge and you will be exhausted.

You will get a chance to meet all characters only till noon. So plan that first if you want pics with them.

There are certain shows in the first two parks I mentioned that I love.
    Magic Kingdom:
    Picture with Cinderella Castle, Mickey's PhilharMagic(3D), Disney Dreams Come True Parade (to meet all characters), "SpectroMagic" Parade (characters with lights), Wishes Nighttime Spectacular(Best Firsworks show. Find a good place in front of castle), Tomorrowland Indy Speedway(even kids can safely in this), Space Mountain(ride), Splash Mountain(ride)
    Mad Tea Party(fun even for elders), Dumbo The Flying Elephant(toddler ride), The Magic Carpets of Aladdin(toddler ride), The Haunted Mansion(special effects ghosts)

Hollywood studios:
    Lights, Motors, Action! Stunt Show (a must), Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!(fun show), Studio Backlot Tour, Voyage of The Little Mermaid(for kids), The Great Movie Ride(if you are tired and wanna sit down), The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror(elevator fall ride), Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage(a nice musical), Fantasmic!(dont miss)

Food Options for Vegetarians:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...vegetarians-options-disney-world-orlando.html

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Seaworld is a fun place for animal lovers. Make sure you are at the entrance before they open. Early morning all the animals are fed and visitors get a chance to feed them too. I love that part.

Then head to 'Shamu' show. some times this show gets cancelled if the whals refuses to enact. In such cases you can try the next Shamu show again on the same day.

Believe(Shamu show), Blue Horizons(dolphin show), Clyde and Seamore Pirate show(Very funny, be there early to see the mimicry guy. He is funny), Shamu Rocks(nete show - mixed reviews about this show), Pets Ahoy. Rides - Kraken and Journey to atlantic.

There are plenty of animal encounters and exhibits. These will be better to do when you are tired or just after food.

If you are planning a trip around school closing, US Holidays expect long queues.

Enjoy your trip.