Need information on Indian compounds/schools in Riyadh

Discussion in 'Indians in Riyadh Province' started by NiranjanaA, Mar 11, 2009.

1. lahani

lahani New IL'ite

Re: Need more info on relocating to Riyadh

hi ,

i lived in saudi arabia for 9 years and transferred to kuwait. if you prefer indian locals nearyby you hara is the best place. it is near to hospitals, and all indian shops and restaurants. there are few compounds also like akaria building etc. their you find life is interesting. regarding cost of living riyadh is the best place in gulf to live.

about schools- since your son is in kg it is better to go for IIPS (Seva School) which is very good for primary classes. other school is middle east school. Getting seats in seva school for lower classes is very difficult . as soon as you land register your sons name for the admission. Except wearing burdah riyadh is a lovely place to live.
    hope this info helps you. if you want anything ples PM.

regards
    lahani

2. irffan

irffan New IL'ite

Re: Need more info on relocating to Riyadh

Hi,
    I have got an offer of 11k sar all inclusive. But I am bit susceptic when I heard that women in Riyadh can't go our alone for any purpose. they can't even stand on balcony or window, also I have to lock door front while going for office, cause local suadi's can be quite threatning..
    i need your suggestion and help should I stay home or try this.
    what is nice location for Indian crowd where at least ladies could go out for odd grocery stuffs or a walk in the park with kids....