1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need information on Delayed Development services - Regional information centre

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Mehana, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

When can I expect regional center to contact us after submitting the online applictaion. Recently we submittted an online application for autism service, it's more than 2 days...also when we can expect them to start their service once they contact us?

Please post your inputs..

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mehana
    Did you get response from them Please do update...

3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vjbunny,

Yes they contacted us, in 1 or 2 week they did all basic assessment. To qualify for any theraphy or service, it should take around 90 days.

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mehana
    Thanks dear I have a request will you please share your experience in detail here it will be very helpful...

5. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vjbunny,

My pleasure to share the information in this valuable website.

steps:
    1. Go to the below link to find regional center which provide service for your region.
    Harbor Regional Center
    2. Once you find the regional center, you can submit the online application or call them directly(speed up process).
    3. Always some one will be available to answer you, so don't hesitate to call them to follow up your application.
    4. They will contact you to get collect few information or any documents they want before they start their assessment process. Once they done with that , they will set-up for initial assessment to observe the kid's behavior, followed up by psychologist.
    5. Later we have to wait 60 days, they will have meeting internally and discuss the reports they written to make sure the kid will be qualifying for the service or not. Once they finalized, they will give a call to you. You have to talk/discuss with them to know what are all the service you need for you kid and they will suggest/provide some service.
    6. Usually before 3 years of age, regional center will provide all the services and after 3 years of age public school should be responsible. Still they will help you in providing some restricted service and some suggestions that help your kid a lot.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share the information here.