Need information --immigrating to NZ from India

Discussion in 'Indians in New Zealand' started by praba1979, Jan 5, 2011.

1. praba1979

praba1979 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am from India. Presently I am working in IT in India. I have an experience of 10 years in the software industry. I recently came back to India from USA, after working there for almost 8 years in IT sector.

I have, recently applied for the permenant residence in NZ through the points based skilled migrant category.

I want to find a job in NZ even before I get my permenant residence in NZ because that will give me more points in my permenant residence processing if i have a job offer in NZ.

Please let me know the source that (like an consultancy) that would help me to get a job offer in NZ.

I would really appreciate your response
    Thanks
    Praba

2. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi

I also need the same help
    any consultancy or agencies who can give a job guarantee for us in NewZealand. our immigration application has been successful and we have already got the permanent residence in Newzealand, but we want to move only after we have job offer in hand (atleast for one of the partners). we are a family of 4 ( 2 kids). Please help me. your help will be highly appreicated.

Thanks
    Jaishree

3. raks123

raks123 New IL'ite

Try applying through Seek.co.nz and Trade Me jobs all the jobs in NZ are posted in the website.
    But most of the consultancy people are preferring who are in present in NZ while applying for jobs.

4. westernstar

westernstar New IL'ite

Welcome to New Zealand :) I have been living in New Zealand from Mumbai for over 16 years now and I love my new life. At the time I did arrive, work was not so hard to come by. Both myself and husband found ideal work easily in Auckland. Also property prices were much more reasonable.
    We found the process for starting work quite fine. The employer in NZ does majority of tax affairs etc for you which helps. One aspect we both do each year is personal tax refund as many NZ and immigrants do not think about this but you are often overpaid tax so please ensure you get some back! We prior used the IRD manual forms but last 3 year have used online tax refund Tax Refunds | NZ Tax Refund Agents | Fast, Safe & Easy Tax Refunds | Fly Buys | MyTax.co.nz which makes process more streamline for us as both very busy people. Fee is small in comparison to time to do this yourself. Also we found setting up own business in NZ easliy done compared to other places. Much help to get started can be found at business.govt.nz site which helps greatly for us. good luck in NZ you will find this a excellent country to live!

5. snigdha0610

snigdha0610 New IL'ite

Hi Westernstar and raks,

Me and my Husband came here about couple of months ago for my husband's job. for the past 2 months i have been trying for a job here through seek but all my applications is just getting rejected:-( i have 6 yrs of work exp in India. people say that it is not easy at all to get a job here. can u please guide me so that it will be easy for my jobhunting. thanks

6. jive

jive Junior IL'ite

Getting a job here has become very difficult. As the other member said, few years back house prices were reasonable and getting a job was easy. But now, due to migrant numbers and local growth, things are a tad tougher. I wish you luck with your job hunt but it could take time to land in one given the market is so small and not to forget we are "Indians". People usually are skeptical interviewing us or even selecting us seeing our indian names in cv here. There are exceptions with SAP etc technologies if it is very rare to find a British or kiwi person for that job. Seek doesn't bring up many jobs like US or Indian markets:(

7. phania

phania New IL'ite

Here I want to share worst and unforgettable incident that happened in my life. Normally I use Gmail id for my mail communication, I used to get so many unwanted mails daily from jobportals, shopping, property, news etc. Usually I have a practice of selecting all these unwanted mails at once and will delete them. When I applied for Newzealand immigration I had given my Gmail id for communication. I have received the mail from Newzealand immigration, but I have noticed it as daily I have practice of deleting unwanted mails by selecting at once. In that Newzealand immigration mail also selected and deleted from my mail box which was not in my notice. After 3 months I came to know Newzealand immigration had sent my mail, but no use already the damage was happened. So, my sincere advise to all the people who apply for Newzealand immigration is to follow below steps.
    1. create new email id and it should be used only for the purpose of communicating Newzealand immigration.
    2. It is better to have email id as yourname.nz. So, that you will not forgot your mail id.
    3. Please don’t share password to any one and it should be complex.
    4. If you want to forward mails from this new email id to regular email id, it can be done by logging into your account and going to the settings option.

8. phania

phania New IL'ite

To
    The Immigration Officer,
    Newzealand Immigration services
    New Delhi
    Sub: Invitation to Apply for Residence

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I, _________------ submitting my application for Permanent Residence in New Zealand under Skilled Migrant Category.
    My application has considered for ITA and I have been invited to submit my application for further processing of the Skilled Migrant Category Visa. The Invitation to Apply for Residence dated ____________ with EOI No-________ was sent with instructions stating that I need to submit my application at your esteemed office, at New Delhi, within four months which is _____________-.
    I have all the relevant attributes as per the criteria of New Zealand Skilled Migrant Category.
    I am submitting my application for the further process with all the requisite supporting notarized documents.
    Declaration
    All the details which I have furnished are true to the best of my knowledge. In the event of any changes in the information provided by me in application, I will be informing to the Immigration
    New Zealand immediately.
    I am willing to provide any additional information required to enable a right decision on my application.
    I am reachable by phone at _______________________ or email me at ___________________________
    Kindly consider my application and grant me Visa.
    Regards,
    Date: ____________________