Need information about Quality Assurance certification and job prospects

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Bagiya, May 4, 2010.

1. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Hi,

i have done my BA in English and MS (IT). i am working as a Technical Writer for past 5 yrs. One year as Faculty.

I am not happy as a Technical Writer. Wanted to change, i try moving into QA in current company but could not achieve.
    Desperate in studying something as i have lot of free time. So thought of joining some testing course and do some certification in QA.

Tell me whether will i get job once i finish my course. I cannot go for less salary as i have major commitment.

Thanks in Advance

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

According to me, a course in QA should let you get a job offer. also the institute that you might be persuing the certificate does give some amount of help for career prespects.

The pay shouldn't be less is any sort I believe - but that depends on where you are joining.

But as you have already entioned that you have a lot of free time, then according to me you should go ahead and take a certidfication in it. It is never going to be waste, And you will have something more in your hand - so at any point of time you will atleast have 2 options - be tech. author or be a QA!

And you can continue your search for QA job, till you get a satisfactory option. Aleast, you wouldn't be loosing what you have only gain something with a certification!

3. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Thank you Gayathri.

4. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

My suggestion will also be the same as i m also in that field...You can learn very quickly.