1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Need information about Quality Assurance certification and job prospects

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Bagiya, May 4, 2010.

1. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Hi,

i have done my BA in English and MS (IT). i am working as a Technical Writer for past 5 yrs. One year as Faculty.

I am not happy as a Technical Writer. Wanted to change, i try moving into QA in current company but could not achieve.
    Desperate in studying something as i have lot of free time. So thought of joining some testing course and do some certification in QA.

Tell me whether will i get job once i finish my course. I cannot go for less salary as i have major commitment.

Thanks in Advance

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

According to me, a course in QA should let you get a job offer. also the institute that you might be persuing the certificate does give some amount of help for career prespects.

The pay shouldn't be less is any sort I believe - but that depends on where you are joining.

But as you have already entioned that you have a lot of free time, then according to me you should go ahead and take a certidfication in it. It is never going to be waste, And you will have something more in your hand - so at any point of time you will atleast have 2 options - be tech. author or be a QA!

And you can continue your search for QA job, till you get a satisfactory option. Aleast, you wouldn't be loosing what you have only gain something with a certification!

3. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Thank you Gayathri.

4. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

My suggestion will also be the same as i m also in that field...You can learn very quickly.